COLORADO SPRINGS, CO--(Marketwired - Sep 16, 2014) - Cherwell Software announces the general availability of Cherwell Service Management (CSM) 5.0, the newest release of its award-winning IT service management (ITSM) software platform. While IT teams recognize the importance of delivering amazing service and enabling the business, existing tools are often difficult to use, customize, upgrade and deploy. CSM 5.0 is a powerful, yet user-friendly platform for ITSM that is easily configured for business and workforce enablement.
CSM 5.0 delivers the vision of business enablement through:
- Codeless application creation that is highly configurable. Cherwell customers and partners can quickly create Cherwell mergeable applications to add new functionality to the CSM platform. The Cherwell mApp™ Exchange supports community collaboration to build and to exchange mApp technology.
- Easy integration with ITSM and other applications -- including Release Management, Lync®, IT Project Tracking, SolarWinds®, and many others -- using wizard-driven functionality that does not require writing code. New integrations and mApp solutions won't break existing configurations, a challenge that is all too familiar for IT teams.
Tweet This: #Cherwell Launches Cherwell Service Management 5.0 & mApp Exchange: bit.ly/1Bt6olc
"Cherwell's vision is to enable IT and beyond, extending business technology as and when it is needed. We built the company for this purpose, and we're at a point where we can deliver on the vision for IT service management professionals," said Vance Brown, CEO of Cherwell Software. "We're excited to provide IT with the tools to achieve business technology in a way that is finally within their reach. The concept of business enablement is not new, but not within easy grasp of IT. With the Cherwell Service Management 5.0 platform, IT can easily manage infrastructure, but also create and extend business processes through mApp solutions."
Webinar: Register for Cherwell Service Management 5.0 Sneak Peek Product Webinar 18 September 2014 at 11 a. m. Eastern: bit.ly/1xCXkLX
"mApp solutions are a modern, flexible, integrated way for our business team to quickly and easily add proven and powerful new functionality to CSM -- with no coding. mApp functionality is easy to build and apply," said Diane Burton of Seattle Cancer Care Alliance. "Downloadable business applications are a much more convenient and affordable way to expand system capabilities -- and the Cherwell community is an effective way to share and collaborate."
CSM 5.0 also features enhanced, best-in-class ITSM functionality, driven by customer feedback.
- Business intelligence, reporting and dashboards. New features in CSM 5.0 include: advanced dashboard drill-down and a new dashboard editor; expression-driven text, colors, images and visibility; and user-configurable, reusable metrics that can be created and measured against a company's own key performance indicators.
- Codeless configuration. In addition to offering mApp functionality and significant new integrations to build CSM installations in new business directions, enhancements include One-Step™ variables, integration with Splunk logging, new prompt capabilities, and a system analyzer for troubleshooting and performance assessment.
- Ease of use. CSM 5.0 extends Cherwell's ease of use even further, providing significant browser client enhancements, new and improved underlying dashboard display technology, preset color themes, and advanced record locking.
Mike Fuson of Excalibur Technologies, a Cherwell partner, commented, "Cherwell Software never ceases to amaze me -- with the release of CSM 5.0, they have done what so many companies do not, and that is listen to their customers. With this release we are seeing so many of the most asked-for enhancements, from big items like mApp solutions and One-Step variables to small items that further enhance ease of configuration and administration. Cherwell's constant focus on understanding customer and market requirements comes through loud and clear with CSM 5.0."
CSM 5.0 is the safe and stable choice for any IT team, with the industry's highest-availability SaaS infrastructure as recently reported by Forrester Research, excellence in customer support, and a simple, flexible licensing and pricing model. Cherwell customers experience rapid deployments and can remain confident in the future given the flexibility of Cherwell Software. As always, Cherwell Service Management platform upgrades are seamless and preserve all previous customizations. Cherwell customers have the freedom to switch between a hosted SaaS solution to on-premise (and vice-versa) at any time.
"The Cherwell Service Management platform met all our requirements, and our experience is that Cherwell cares about their customers, " said Joshua Tooley, Associate Director of IT Support at Texas Christian University. "What really sold us was our positive interaction with the company. Our team spoke directly with Cherwell Software's developers about our requirements, including full Bomgar™ integration, and they added the new functionality we needed within a month -- which was extremely impressive. We like CSM's concurrent licensing model, affordable SaaS pricing, and self-service portal capabilities -- and the codeless platform that allows the service desk to build everything we need to do our jobs without expert developers."
Cherwell Software will continue to enable IT teams with the right technology to drive business strategy and objectives. Cherwell Software will also add industry-leading integrations including IT asset management (ITAM), software licensing management, and software asset management from the recent acquisition of Seattle-based Express Metrix. Cherwell Software looks forward to actively participating with customers, partners, and industry leaders to make business technology enablement a reality.
Visit the new Cherwell mApp Exchange at mapps.cherwell.com
Product Page: Cherwell Service Management 5.0: http://bit.ly/1xD5nsi
Webinar: Cherwell Service Management 5.0 Sneak Peek: bit.ly/1xCXkLX
Demo: For more information or to schedule a product demonstration: http://bit.ly/1xJW1uE
About Cherwell Software
Cherwell Software is the developer of Cherwell Service Management® (CSM), an award-winning business technology and IT service management (ITSM) platform recognized by leading industry analysts worldwide. Cherwell Software customers are part of a fast-growing, caring community using Cherwell Service Management to implement both ITSM solutions and business technology that goes beyond ITSM. Cherwell Software has the deepest expertise in the service management industry, including a global network of expert partners currently serving customers in more than 40 countries. Corporate headquarters are in Colorado, U.S.A., with EMEA headquarters in the U.K.