TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Mar 20, 2013) - Smart Employee Benefits Inc. ("SEB") (TSX VENTURE:SEB), is a technology company providing software, solutions and services with specialty practices including managing group benefit solutions and healthcare claims processing environments for corporate, government and non-profit clients.
We are pleased to announce that Christine Hrudka, BA BSP, has joined the Board of Directors of SEB as an "Independent Director".
Ms. Hrudka''s experience in the pharmaceutical industry brings additional expertise and business relationships to the Board of SEB. Expenditures in Drugs in most employee benefit plans are between 45% and 50% of the cost of the plans. Industry reports drug costs for Canadians in 2011 exceeded $31.0 billion. Among other things, Ms. Hrudka''s experiences assist the SEB Group in better adapting its technology environment to satisfy the needs of our clients, particularly in the area of drug benefits.
A key capability of SEB''s fully integrated health claims processing technology environment is focused on providing clients with more detailed, fully automated adjudication functionality and real time self-serve reporting at a detailed Plan Member/Health Benefit level. All (drug, dental, other) health claims adjudication occurs in one fully integrated environment. Implementing new adjudication rules are administrative, not programming activities, providing the client the information to design, implement and manage the optimum flexible benefit structures in a very cost effective manner. SEB''s objective is to provide the most automated, user-friendly and integrated technology environment in the marketplace today for administering, adjudicating and reporting on group benefit solutions.
ABOUT CHRISTINE HRUDKA:
Christine has spent 30 years in the pharmaceutical industry in Canada. She has an extensive understanding of retail pharmacy which has come from her ownership of both chain and independent pharmacies. She has also been involved in many other entrepreneurial endeavors including software development and the roll out of new to market pharmaceutical products. As a front line user, Christine has an in-depth knowledge of most major benefit plans.
Christine has been a leader in the expansion of pharmacy services in Saskatchewan. She has played a significant role in the expansion of prescriptive authority for Saskatchewan pharmacists and continues to advocate for the further expansion of such authority which she sees as a key to ensuring the delivery of health services to the people of Saskatchewan, particularly in rural Saskatchewan.
She has a passion to mentor young women and has taken a leadership role at the Edwards School of Business at the University of Saskatchewan in Saskatoon.
- Former owner of three Shoppers Drug Marts in Saskatchewan over 20 years
- Current owner of an Independent Pharmacy in Saskatoon
- Sessional Lecturer at the University of Saskatchewan - College of Pharmacy and Edwards School of Business
- President of a software development company specializing in software for the restaurant industry
- Marketing a new pharmaceutical product in Western Canada (Theramed)
|DIRECTORSHIPS and MEMBERSHIPS|
- President/Director - Pharmacy First Inc
- President/Director - Hrudka Holdings Inc. (a real estate holding Company)
- President/Director - 20th Street Holdings Inc. (a real estate holding Company)
- President/Director - Christine''s Holdings Ltd (a pharmacy consulting Company)
- Former Chairman - 20/20 IT Solutions Inc.
- Board Member - YWCA
- Director Saskatoon Economic Development Authority
- Director Canadian Pharmacy Economics Committee
- Past President and Director Pharmacy Association of Saskatchewan
- Director - TCU Place (formerly Saskatoon Trade and Convention Centre)
- Saskatchewan Pharmacy Committee for Health Reform submissions to the Romanow Commission on Health Reform)
- Crime Stoppers Saskatoon
- Saskatoon Woman''s Network
- Woman''s Entrepreneurs of Saskatchewan
- Young Entrepreneurs of Saskatchewan
SEB is a technology company providing software, solutions and services specializing in managing group benefit solutions and healthcare claims processing environments for corporate and government clients. This is a $56.0 billion industry, of which over $33.0 billion relates to employee group benefit plans and over $23.0 billion relates to other healthcare benefit claims (e.g.: workers compensation claims, travel benefits, various federal and provincial government programs, dental associations, drug associations, etc.) In the employee group benefits industry, SEB operates a licensed third party administrator ("TPA") and insurance broker utilizing its software platform to provide "totally hosted PCI compliant supply chain solutions" for managing the complete group benefits business processes between insurers, clients, brokers, consultants, technology service providers and healthcare service providers. In healthcare claims processing, SEB also operates as a systems integrator utilizing its technology platform together with other technologies to provide customized solutions for highly specialized environments (e.g. travel claims, etc.). The technology and expertise deployed in this healthcare area also allows SEB to provide other related supply chain, systems integration and human resource solutions and services to the same clients.
For further information about the Company, please visit www.seb-inc.ca.