SAN JOSE, CA--(Marketwire - Oct 9, 2012) - Cisco (
In selecting Cisco UCS to power servers running SAP HANA, customers can utilize the advanced capabilities of the Cisco UCS platform, including unified fabric, hardware abstraction and central management, to lower operational costs at the system level. SAP's in-memory computing technology, coupled with Cisco UCS, provides customers with solutions that have been architected to provide high-availability and multisite disaster tolerance, both of which are vital for mission-critical adoption.
- Cisco's portfolio of solutions for SAP HANA meets the needs of early adopters testing SAP HANA for the first time, as well as experienced customers managing large-scale deployments.
- All-in-one rack mount solutions: The Cisco UCS portfolio for SAP HANA includes extra-small, small and medium-sized rack-mount solutions that support up to one-half terabyte (TB) of compressed user data. Each of these fits inside a single Cisco UCS C-Series Rack Mount Server with internal storage.
- Scale-out blade server solutions: The portfolio also includes scale-out blade server solutions, which support up to eight terabytes of memory. This solution is based on Cisco's UCS B-Series Blade Servers with best-of-breed external storage. The architecture enables high-availability and disaster tolerance across multiple data centers.
- Cisco offers customers the flexibility and choice of either EMC or NetApp storage in a scale-out solution for SAP HANA. Each of these world-class storage partners provides unique and critical multisite data replication capabilities that are necessary to deploy SAP HANA across a wide range of critical applications.
- SAP® IT Process Automation by Cisco provides a special feature set for SAP HANA.
- Together with its partners, Cisco offers a comprehensive suite of technical and professional services to help customers plan, build, and manage a Cisco® solution for SAP HANA. These include the Cisco Solution Support Service for SAP solutions, which provides a single point of contact to initiate and manage support and includes support for third-party products in support of SAP HANA.
- Avnet Technology Solutions, a Cisco Data Center Specialized Distribution Partner, provides solution integration capabilities, allowing customers across the U.S., Canada and Europe to order the Cisco UCS servers for SAP HANA as a single, pre-integrated solution that is pre-assembled and configured at the Avnet Global Solutions Center. (Targeting October 31st order-ability)
- Early adopters across the U.S., Europe and Asia Pacific are testing and deploying UCS for SAP HANA scale-out solution including customers in the transportation, oil and gas, food and beverage, and high-tech industries.
Several strategic partners, including technology partners, channel and service integrator partners, have provided their perspectives on Cisco UCS for SAP HANA.
Nicola Morini Bianzino, Senior Executive and SAP Database & Technology lead, Accenture
"As clients look for ways to take advantage of real-time analytics and business intelligence to drive better decision-making, we are leveraging Cisco UCS technology to deliver flexible and scalable solutions on our SAP HANA implementations."
Satinder Sethi, Vice President, Cisco
"As data continues to grow exponentially, the ability to deliver real-time business intelligence is helping customers move more quickly to address issues and capture opportunities. Together SAP HANA and Cisco UCS are delivering a winning combination of innovative technologies to reduce operational costs and enhance application performance."
Parmeet Chaddha, Vice President, Solutions, EMC Corporation
"SAP HANA is defining a new architecture for business applications. With over 20,000 joint EMC-SAP customers, and an extensive Cisco-EMC market presence, EMC and Cisco together are best positioned to help our customers transform their IT with a HANA appliance. The Cisco-EMC HANA appliance provides a best-of-breed solution for SAP customers to deploy SAP Analytics today and deploy the broader SAP landscape in the future. EMC is proud to bring its leadership in storage and strength in high availability, scalability, lower cost of ownership, and remarkable performance to the solution."
Patrick Rogers, Vice President, Data Center Platforms, NetApp
"NetApp provides a powerful scale-out storage foundation for organizations looking to deploy mission-critical, high-availability applications on the SAP HANA platform. Our plug-and-play approach to storage complements the SAP HANA building block architecture, allowing organizations to scale out storage infinitely and easily, while still providing high availability. As data processing requirements increase and more SAP HANA compute nodes are added to the environment, our storage solutions will meet the needs of applications delivery, innovation and anticipated business growth."
Rayn Veerubhotla, Vice President, Ecosystem & Channels, SAP
"Our customers are constantly on the lookout for solutions that move the needle, providing the competitive advantage that truly transforms their business. SAP HANA running on Cisco UCS architecture represents the kind of game-changing partner collaboration that can result in such solutions. These solutions deliver real-time analysis and reporting, coupled with dramatically accelerated business processes on an optimized infrastructure platform -- a new platform for real-time business. Customers know and expect this kind of innovation from global technology leaders and, once again, SAP and Cisco have teamed up to meet that challenge."
- Video: Cisco UCS Data Center Solutions for SAP Interview - Cisco and SAP Interview
- Video (June 20, 2012): SAP IT Process Automation by Cisco Announcement
- Learn more about SAP HANA on Cisco UCS
- Read about Cisco Unified Computing
- Announcement (June 20, 2012): SAP® IT Process Automation Application by Cisco Reduces System Outages and Simplifies IT Processes
Follow Us Online
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. SAP, SAP HANA and all SAP logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP AG in Germany and in several other countries. Other third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.
SAP Forward-looking Statement
Any statements contained in this document that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements as defined in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Words such as "anticipate," "believe," "estimate," "expect," "forecast," "intend," "may," "plan," "project," "predict," "should" and "will" and similar expressions as they relate to SAP are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. SAP undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements. All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations The factors that could affect SAP's future financial results are discussed more fully in SAP's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"), including SAP's most recent Annual Report on Form 20-F filed with the SEC. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of their dates.