SAN JOSE, CA--(Marketwire - Dec 10, 2012) - Cisco (
- Telefonica's network connects more than 100 locations in more than 60 cities and 40 countries connecting the main cities of Europe, Latin America, the United States and Asia.
- With over 8,000 systems deployed and nearly 1,000 multi-chassis configurations, the Cisco CRS is the industry's most robust, scalable, widely deployed multi-chassis core router. Cisco's new elastic core solution capabilities allow it to seamlessly add a second chassis without the space and cost of a separate fabric chassis.
- The Cisco CRS offers the possibility of future upgrading capacity for its core network with up to 400 Gbps per slot capability, high resiliency, and a cost-effective intelligent core solution to improve the return on investment for its core network.
- The Cisco IP NGN solution is fully IPv6 compliant, helping to ensure that Telefonica is prepared to meet customer demand for IPv6-based services.
- Both the Cisco CRS and ASR 9000 Series utilize the modular Cisco IOS® XR software operating system, which is designed to simplify network operations and enable comprehensive system redundancy and network resiliency.
- The Cisco Visual Networking Index (VNI) Forecast, 2011-2016, projects that global Internet traffic will increase more than fourfold to more than a zettabyte by 2016. This amount is 100 exabytes higher than the projected level in 2013, or an increase the equivalent of 10 times all the traffic traversing IP networks in 2008.
- Alejandro Martínez, VP of Telefonica Global Solutions, Global Network and Platforms: "Telefonica is committed to using the most innovative technology for all its services and products. As a global company with a network spanning Asia, Europe, and the Americas we're committed to leading the world in high speed infrastructure that will ultimately give our customers more choice, flexibility and innovation. This network expansion helps ensure that Telefonica can meet that commitment" states."
- Bill Gartner, vice president and general manager, high-end routing and optical group, Cisco: "Network operators around the globe see the need to prepare for the next-generation mobile Internet and facilitating an increasing demand for mobile video, collaboration, and broadband services. The Cisco CRS family is designed to grow such that it can operate for decades while providing best-in-class performance. Its 400 Gbps per slot multichassis scalable design provides a foundation for customers on which they can continue to expand. Telefonica can look forward to continued growth while lowering operational costs."
- Cisco CRS-3
- Cisco ASR 9000 Series
- Cisco Systems
- Cisco Service Provider Solutions
- Cisco Carrier Routing System
- Cisco Optical Solutions
- Cisco Visual Networking Index home page: http://www.cisco.com/go/vni
- Read the complete Cisco Visual Networking Index (VNI) Forecast, 2011-2016
- Read: Cisco SP360 Blog
Cisco, CRS, Carrier Routing System, CRS-1, CRS-3, Internet Protocol Next-Generation Network, IP NGN, ASR9000, Visual Networking Index Forecast, VNI, Telefonica
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/rss.html
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.