NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwired - Oct 8, 2013) - The CMO Club (TheCMOClub.com) is proud to present the winners for the first-ever CMO Awards (thecmoawards.com), in the categories for Leadership, Marketing Innovation, Officers, Rising Star, Programmatic Marketing, and President's Circle. The CMO Club will host a CMO Awards dinner in NYC on Tuesday, November 12, to honor all 23 winners, and announce and present the "CMOs Choice" award to one CMO from each of the 6 categories.
Established to celebrate the marketing industry's brightest leaders and to provide a forum to share their successes with other CMOs, the 2013 CMO Awards is the only CMO Awards program driven and decided entirely by an elite group of "peers only." The 3-4 winners per category were determined by an Awards panel made up of CMO Club Chapter Presidents and key CMO Club members.
At the Awards dinner, all category winners in attendance will be honored and presented with their CMO Award, plus a CMOs Choice award will be presented to one CMO from each category based on the results of CMO Club member voting, taking place over the next three weeks. Additionally, one distinguished CMO will be inducted into the CMO Hall of Fame.
Induction into the CMO Hall of Fame is the world's premier CMO honor and is based on a marketing executive's demonstrated delivery in leadership, marketing, and leading the growth agenda for the company over his/her career. The winner has not only delivered "high impact" to his/her company, but had a positive influence on the industry based on their leadership, innovation and active participation.
Prior to the CMO Awards dinner, winners from all 6 award categories, The CMO Club's leading Chapter Presidents, plus the CMO Hall of Famer, will attend a private, CMOs-only roundtable discussion for peer-based learning and sharing. Roundtable insights and recommendations will be collected and packaged for distribution to all CMO Club members. Highlights from the Roundtable will also be shared with the industry.
The CMO Awards were created to recognize and bestow honor upon accomplished senior marketing executives in 6 important categories. The CMO Club is pleased to announced the following CMO Award category winners (in alphabetical order):
- CMO Leadership Award - Based on a marketing executive's demonstrated leadership in building, leading and motivating a high performing marketing organization.
- Jeff Charney, CMO, Progressive Insurance
- Beth Comstock, CMO, GE
- Tony Pace, CMO, Subway
- Marty St. George, SVP Marketing & Commercial, JetBlue Airways
- CMO Marketing Innovation Award- Based on a marketing executive's demonstrated leadership in creating an innovative marketing environment that changes the game for ROI, customer engagement, and/or for the industry.
- Jonathan Becher, CMO, SAP
- Louise Camuto, CMO, The Camuto Group
- Geoff Cottrill, CMO, Converse, Inc.
- John Hayes, CMO, American Express
- CMO Officers Award - Based on a marketing executive's demonstrated leadership in leading the brand beyond the marketing department and leading the growth agenda for the company.
- Sheryl Adkins-Green, CMO, Mary Kay Inc
- John Costello, President-Global Marketing and Innovation, Dunkin Brands
- Ann Lewnes, SVP & CMO, Adobe
- Antonio Lucio, Global Chief Brand Officer, Visa
- CMO Rising Star Award - Based on a marketing executive's demonstrated capabilities in leading an organization, marketing innovation, and leading the growth agenda with less than 10 years of marketing experience.
- Chris Brull, VP Marketing, Kawasaki Motors Co.
- Sonny Ganguly, CMO, WeddingWire
- Rose Hamilton, EVP & CMO, Pet 360
- Kyle Schlegel, CMO, Hillerich & Bradsby Co.
- CMO Programmatic Marketing Award - Based on a marketing executive's demonstrated success using technology that leverages data science to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of digital marketing.
- Jim Farley, GVP Marketing & Sales. Ford
- Michael Lacorazza, SVP, Brand & Advertising. Wells Fargo
- Raj Rao, VP of Global eTransformation, 3M
- CMO Club President's Circle Award - Based on a marketing executive's demonstrated delivery in supporting the DNA of The CMO Club for building relationships with peers in the club, sharing and helping others, and referring other CMOs to join the world's best CMO conversations.
- Stephanie Anderson, CMO, Time Warner Cable
- Phil Clement, CMO, Aon
- John DeVincent, EVP Marketing, eMoney Advisor
- Julie Garlikov, VP Marketing, Torani
"The CMO Club is thrilled with the quality of all CMOs nominated, then selected as category winners for the first CMO Awards voted on by their peers. We are not only excited about the awards event to honor their accomplishments and legacies, but also look forward to the CMO interviews and CMO Awards Roundtable that will enable us to share their expertise and insights with other CMOs in the club and the industry," noted CMO Club Founder and CEO, Pete Krainik.
For more information on the awards program and category winners, go to: www.thecmoawards.com
About The CMO Club: The CMO Club -- for Senior Marketing Executives only -- is a membership organization designed to connect members for peer based learning, and inspire professional and personal growth.
The unique purpose of The CMO Club is to bring Heads of Marketing together in an environment of openness and collaboration that enables them to excel at what they do and solve their biggest CMO challenges. Tailored exclusively for the benefit of senior marketing executives, The CMO Club hosts dinners and events, shares reports and research from marketing industry leaders, and leverages the first online engaged CMO community network. The CMO Club was founded in 2007 by seasoned marketing executive, Pete Krainik. It currently has over 750 members who share ideas and serve as a resource for CMO career opportunities and deals. For membership information, email email@example.com or call 323-388-8204. CMOs can request membership at www.thecmoclub.com.
Interested in learning more firsthand? Please watch CMO's discussing The CMO Club.