CHICAGO, IL--(Marketwire - Nov 26, 2012) -
- Cobra Electronics Corporation (
NASDAQ: COBR), a leading designer and marketer of award-winning automotive, consumer and mobile electronics, today announced that some of its most popular products for gadget lovers will be featured in the 8th annual WIRED Store in New York City for the 2012 holiday season.
- Shoppers can check out Cobra's most innovative products on display at the WIRED Store. This year's edition is located at 583 Broadway in New York City and will be open from November 30 through December 23. Online shopping will be available beginning November 26 at http://store.wired.com/.
- Throughout the WIRED Store's four-week run in NYC, Cobra Electronics will feature the following highly affordable and award-winning products including the Cobra iRadar™ 200, Cobra Vedetta™, Cobra Tag™ and Cobra JoyRide™.
About the Products
- Cobra iRadar 200 - The latest model of Cobra's multi-award-winning radar detection system consists of a sleek dash-mounted smart detector unit paired via Bluetooth® to a powerful yet intuitive smartphone app.
- Together the system detects police radar/laser signals and notifies users in real-time of upcoming caution areas, excessive vehicle speed, live police and photo enforcement areas, and then automatically shares caution information with other iRadar users nearby.
- The new system offers universal support for Android™ and iOS smartphones.
- Cobra Vedetta - The Cobra Vedetta Ultimate Detection Systems Series sets the new standard in radar/laser detection system. The revolutionary detection system boasts a 30 percent increase in performance over Cobra's current flagship model. The Cobra Vedetta is designed to maximize driver comfort, safety and situational awareness on the road.
- The Cobra Vedetta series sports a 2.4-inch TFT color LCD display and can be mounted virtually anywhere on the windshield or dash.
- It delivers unparalleled performance and range and the SLR 650G model boasts an integrated GPS receiver with free, lifetime access to the AURA™ database of speed and red-light camera locations.
- Cobra Tag - The Cobra Tag is an alarm and loss prevention system available for Android and iOS that consists of a smartphone app that is paired via Bluetooth to a small key fob device. It can be easily attached to keys, purse, computer bags or other valuable for protection from getting lost.
- The Cobra Tag system monitors the distance between the phone and tagged items and produces an audible alert if they become separated.
- Acts as a 2-way finder between the Tag and personal item to which it is paired.
- The Cobra Tag app can record the GPS location and the time-of-day the items became separated, and sends this information to a pre-configured contact list via email, text message, or even to a linked Facebook or Twitter account.
- Cobra JoyRide - The Cobra JoyRide for Android is an intelligent car charging system for smartphones that simplifies phone usage and minimizes the distractions while behind the wheel. It is designed to easily customize the way the owner's smartphone behaves when entering and exiting their vehicle by automatically reconfiguring the phone for in-car usage.
- The companion Android app communicates with the JoyRide Charger that personalizes and streamlines in-car smartphone usage.
- JoyRide dramatically enhances automotive safety by pushing a single button on the 12V charger to initiate phone calls, launch voice commands, share information about road hazards and live police, pause and play music, and even launch GPS navigation apps or other favorite in-car applications.
- The Cobra JoyRide application can save the GPS position of the owner's vehicle on the Android phone and help navigate back to a parking spot.
About Cobra Electronics
Cobra Electronics is a leading global designer and marketer of communication and navigation products, with a track record of delivering innovative and award-winning products. Building upon its leadership position in the GMRS/FRS two-way radio, radar detector and Citizens Band radio industries, Cobra identified new growth opportunities and has aggressively expanded into the marine market and has expanded its European operations. The Consumer Electronics Association, Forbes and Deloitte & Touche have all recognized Cobra for the company's innovation and industry leadership.