REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwire - Jan 17, 2013) - Oracle (
- Coles, one of the largest Australian Supermarket chains with more than 100,000 employees and 2000 stores Australia-wide, implemented Oracle Exadata Database Machine and Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c running on Oracle Linux to enable critical trend reporting during retail seasonal spikes.
- Prior to Exadata, Coles' data warehouse infrastructure was under pressure to deliver within SLAs especially during seasonal peaks. By moving to the Oracle Exadata Database Machine, Coles' processes improved 3 to 4x out-of-the-box, with 4 to 6x faster query performance so that Coles' can now meet SLAs and drive customer satisfaction.
- Utilizing the intelligent software capabilities in the Oracle Exadata Database Machine, Coles can now also store 20+ TB of trending historical data, enabling new, complex analytical reports to help better predict the needs and potential issues for Coles' stores.
- At Oracle OpenWorld San Francisco 2012, Chris Thompson, Database Manager, Coles was recognized as Data Warehouse Leader of the Year for JAPAC.
- Thompson and his team at Coles were responsible for re-architecting this innovative Data Warehouse implementation in just 12 weeks.
- The award, one of several categories covered by the Oracle Excellence Awards, honors individuals who demonstrate excellent technical knowledge and innovative use of Oracle data warehouse technologies to the benefit of their business.
- Oracle recognizes data warehouse leaders across Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Latin America / Caribbean, and North America.
- About Oracle Excellence Awards
- Oracle Exadata Database Machine
- Oracle Database 11g
- Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c
- Follow Oracle Database via Blog, Facebook and Twitter
- Follow Oracle Enterprise Manager: Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and Blog
- Oracle Linux Home Page, Twitter, Facebook, Youtube Channel, Blog
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.