Employees spread holiday cheer with annual year-end volunteering campaign
ComEd employees are working together to help support local communities this holiday season with the company’s annual “12 Days of Community Energy” campaign. For the fourth consecutive year, ComEd employees will donate their energy, time, and financial resources to nonprofit organizations throughout northern Illinois.
“At ComEd, serving our communities means more than providing safe and reliable power. It means giving back and supporting the communities where we work and live,” said Joe Dominguez, CEO of ComEd. “I’m motivated by the dedication and attention our employees show to our communities, not only during the holiday season, but all year long.”
ComEd’s mission of powering communities throughout northern Illinois goes beyond the electric service it provides to more than 4 million customers. Thus far in 2019, ComEd employees have recorded more than 22,000 volunteer hours and donated nearly $1.3 million through the company’s annual employee giving campaign.
This year’s “12 Days of Community Energy” projects include:
- Nov. 20 – Serving and eating lunch with veterans at Manteno Veteran’s Home.
- Nov. 22 – Supporting the Fetching Tails Foundation by making treats for animals, playing with animals, and organizing the shelter.
- Nov. 23 – Serving lunch and donating items to men, women, and young children at the ComEd Communities Volunteer Event.
- Dec. 3 – Holiday decorating at Hephzibah Children’s Association group home in Oak Park to support children traumatized by neglect and abuse. Volunteers will decorate, share a snack with children, and assist them with their homework as they return from school.
- Dec. 3-Dec. 5 – Collecting toys in every office to support Toys for Tots.
- Dec. 12 – Hosting a Winter Wonderland Bike Giveaway to collect and donate bikes to nonprofit partner organizations, including Mano a Mano, Excel Community Development Corporation, and Southland Ministerial Health Network.
- Dec. 14 – Hanging lights for the MLK Lights Lighting Event by My Block My Hood My City.
- Dec. 16 – Collecting, unpacking, and organizing thousands of household supplies, food, toys, clothes, coats, hats, and scarfs for families across the Chicago suburbs in partnership with Respond Now.
- Dec. 17 – Hosting a toy drive for Ronald McDonald House, with the goal of donating 100 toys.
- Dec. 18 – Donating 140 gifts to students and distributing these gifts with Santa during the school day.
- Dec. 18 – Participating in Casa Central Holiday Senior Gift Drive to donate 75 gifts to seniors at Casa Central.
Commonwealth Edison Company (ComEd) is a unit of Chicago-based Exelon Corporation (EXC), the nation’s leading competitive energy provider, with approximately 10 million customers. ComEd provides service to approximately 4 million customers across northern Illinois, or 70 percent of the state’s population. For more information visit ComEd.com, and connect with the company on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.