SUNNYVALE, CA--(Marketwire - Jan 16, 2013) - NetApp (
"This recognition from FORTUNE magazine is all about our employees, who bring a passion and an energy to work that creates an environment where innovation thrives," said Tom Georgens, president and CEO of NetApp. "Building the best team in the industry and creating a culture that inspires employees is a key component of NetApp's business strategy. It directly contributes to driving growth and success for us, and for our customers and partners."
According to the Great Place to Work Institute, creating a great workplace is one of the best investments a company can make, leading to better recruitment, lower turnover, greater innovation, higher productivity, stronger employee satisfaction, and, most importantly, more loyal customers and higher profits. It is NetApp's commitment to creating a model company that has been a core element of the company's strategy of creating more innovative products, a terrific work environment for employees, and more satisfying relationships with customers and partners around the world.
This last year has been an exciting time for NetApp as the company celebrated its 20th anniversary, joined the FORTUNE 500 list, and grew to nearly 13,000 employees. This ranking follows NetApp's #3 World's Best Multinational Workplaces ranking, and is evidence of NetApp's thriving culture.
Here's What NetApp's Customers Are Saying:
- Matthew Leeds, VP of Operations, Gracenote
"Gracenote has leveraged NetApp® technology for more than 12 years and they have been with us every step of the way as we've become a true pioneer in digital media. Remaining loyal to NetApp for this long is a testament to the company's innovative and reliable technology combined with the passion and dedication their employees have exhibited in support of our business. It's clear they have a special culture and we congratulate NetApp on its recognition as a great place to work."
- Corey Kos, enterprise architect, Alaska Enterprise Technology Services
"NetApp plays a critical role in our organization's ability to effectively deliver services and benefits to Alaskans. From a technology perspective, NetApp provides us with a customized solution that enables us to increase and decrease service levels on demand while allowing us to provide more value to our customers. But it's also the people we've worked with at NetApp that make a difference, as they are truly committed to our success. It's evident they have a very strong culture and it's no surprise that NetApp is once again considered a top company to work for."
Culture Delivers Global Success, Recognized Around the World
- NetApp's core values are at the heart of the company's ability to innovate across all areas of the business to deliver an outstanding customer experience, forge best-in-class partnerships, develop industry-leading products and technology, and build the best team in the industry. Because of this commitment to innovation, NetApp storage powers 96% of the FORTUNE 100 while the NetApp Data ONTAP® architecture is the world's #1 storage OS.* Learn more about other areas within the industry where NetApp is the innovation leader.
- Because its culture is a source of sustainable differentiation for the company, NetApp is committed to measuring itself against the world's top workplaces. The company ranks among the top-10 best workplaces in 11 different countries around the world along with other cities and states within the United States.
To pick the 100 Best Companies to Work For, Fortune partners with the Great Place to Work Institute to conduct the most extensive employee survey in corporate America: 259 firms participated in this year's survey. More than 277,000 employees at those companies responded to a survey created by the institute, a global research and consulting firm operating in 45 countries around the world. Two-thirds of a company's score is based on the results of the institute's Trust Index survey, which is sent to a random sample of employees from each company. The survey asks questions related to their attitudes about management's credibility, job satisfaction, and camaraderie. The other third is based on responses to the institute's Culture Audit, which includes detailed questions about pay and benefit programs and a series of open-ended questions about hiring practices, methods of internal communication, training, recognition programs, and diversity efforts. After evaluations are completed, if news about a company comes to light that may significantly damage employees' faith in management, we may exclude it from the list. Any company that is at least five years old and has more than 1,000 U.S. employees is eligible. For more information on how to apply, visit: http://bit.ly/n8bVJ3
- Follow NetApp on Twitter: www.twitter.com/NetApp
- Get the latest on NetApp culture: https://www.facebook.com/NetAppCulture
- Join NetApp on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NetApp
- View NetApp videos on YouTube: www.youtube.com/NetAppTV
- Connect with NetApp on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/groups?about=&gid=111681
NetApp creates innovative storage and data management solutions that deliver outstanding cost efficiency and accelerate business breakthroughs. Our commitment to living our core values and consistently being recognized as a great place to work around the world are fundamental to our long-term growth and success, as well as the success of our pathway partners and customers. Discover our passion for helping companies around the world go further, faster at www.netapp.com.
NetApp, the NetApp logo, Go further, faster, and Data ONTAP are trademarks or registered trademarks of NetApp, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All other brands or products are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders and should be treated as such.
* For substantiation of these statements go to www.yepnetapp.com.