CHICAGO, July 11, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Continuing its focus on bringing provocative food in contemporary forms and flavors to retail customers and consumers, innovation at Conagra Brands, Inc. (CAG) is ramping up. The company is kicking off its fiscal year with dozens of new product launches across the four domains in which its iconic and emerging brands compete: Frozen & Refrigerated Meals, Snacks & Sweet Treats, Condiments & Enhancers, and Shelf Stable Meals & Sides.
"Conagra Brands has been reinventing frozen meals to drive growth since 2015, and our efforts are fueling the entire category," said Darren Serrao, Executive Vice President and Co-Chief Operating Officer for Conagra Brands. "We see continued growth ahead for frozen meals, and are taking advantage of this opportunity by offering consumers the flavors, modern health attributes and convenience they demand."
"We have a $2 billion portfolio in snacking, which is the fastest-growing occasion in food," said Tom McGough, Executive Vice President and Co-Chief Operating Officer for Conagra Brands. "We also have a sizable grocery portfolio, which includes a $1 billion presence in condiments and sauces. Our slate of innovation in these areas will provide people with contemporary options that are supported by strong consumer trends."
Conagra Brands' robust lineup of food will roll out throughout 2019 and during the front half of 2020, with its first wave of innovations hitting the market now. Following is a selection of some of the company's product highlights:
- Angie's BOOMCHICKAPOP Trail Mixes provide a flavorful snack that are non-GMO, Gluten Free and with no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Available in three varieties featuring Angie's BOOMCHICKAPOP popcorn along with ingredients like nuts, dried fruits or pretzels.
- Banquet Mega Sandwiches deliver hearty protein and bold flavors with the ease and convenience of a handheld sandwich. Available in four flavors including Pepperoni Stuffed Pizza, Meatballs & Mozzarella, Steak & Cheddar and Smoky BBQ Seasoned Pork.
- Bertolli Modern Italian Pasta Skillets bring bright, bold Italian flavors to the freezer aisle with seven new varieties of premium al dente and stuffed pastas. New varieties include Gnocchi Pesto, Butternut Squash Ravioli and Black Pepper Fettuccine.
- Birds Eye is giving consumers even more delicious ways to eat their vegetables:
- Egg Beaters Whole Eggs provides a quick, easy, mess-free alternative to its shell-on counterpart and is great for egg-based dishes and a variety of other recipes that call for eggs.
- DAVID Energy-Packed Mix is a cravable and crunchy mix of lentils, kernels, pepitas and chickpeas and comes in three flavors: Sea Salt, Ranch, Bar-B-Q. Each mix contains 7 grams of protein and only 1-2 grams of sugar per serving. Gluten Free, no artificial flavors or colors and made in a peanut and tree-nut free facility.
- Healthy Choice continues to grow within the modern wellness space with new grain-free options featuring riced cauliflower to fit your low-carb lifestyle.
- Marie Callender's is redefining comfort food in new contemporary forms and flavors.
- P.F. Chang's Home Menu Ramen provides restaurant-quality ramen with tender noodles and rich, flavorful broth. Four new options include Pork Shoyu and Chicken Tonkotsu, which deliver authentic Asian cuisine at home.
- Reddi-wip Barista Series gives consumers a coffee house experience any time of day with two new items. Reddi-wip Nitro Creamer can be used in place of a traditional creamer and infuses layers of texture and flavor into coffee. Reddi-wip Sweet Foam can be used alongside Nitro Creamer or other coffee creams to add a slightly sweet, smooth layer of velvety, frothed foam at the top of the coffee.
- Slim Jim Giant Multipack comes from the No. 1 brand in meat snacks*, with each box containing six giant size sticks. Available in Original and Mild flavors with over six feet of meat in one box.
- Snack Pack Dragon Treasure Pudding taps into pop culture and features a fun, fruity flavor in green and red colors.
*Source: IRI POS, MULO+C, L52 week ending February 24, 2019
About Conagra Brands
Conagra Brands, Inc. (CAG), headquartered in Chicago, is one of North America's leading branded food companies. Guided by an entrepreneurial spirit, Conagra Brands combines a rich heritage of making great food with a sharpened focus on innovation. The company's portfolio is evolving to satisfy people's changing food preferences. Conagra's iconic brands, such as Birds Eye®, Marie Callender's®, Banquet®, Healthy Choice®, Slim Jim®, Reddi-wip®, and Vlasic®, as well as emerging brands, including Angie's® BOOMCHICKAPOP®, Duke's®, Earth Balance®, Gardein®, and Frontera®, offer choices for every occasion. For more information, visit www.conagrabrands.com.
For more information, please contact:
MEDIA: Priscilla Zuchowski
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/conagra-brands-launches-robust-pipeline-of-new-food-innovation-300883039.html