Consumer Prices, for a variety of consumer goods, posted a smaller- than- expected increase in August. We get the read on that and other key economic data now from our Chief Equity Strategist and Economist, John Blank.
1. John, recently you cautioned not to ignore this data. What does it say about consumer price inflation and since it also incorporates U.S. GDP growth for Q2, what does it say about that as well?
2. Since corporate earnings revenue growth projections incorporate consumer price movement, what does this say about earnings growth going forward?
3. Three other components to the economic recovery outlook are the latest unemployment report, macro factors on housing prices and the Covid-19 story, which has made a dent in consumer spending and sentiment. Are these key economic drivers?
4. Is the Delta Variant denting manufacturing PMIs at all?
5. So, John, against this back drop, what’s your economic outlook for the rest of the year?
6. The Fed met this week. Any indication yet on when they might start pulling back on monetary policy?
7. Other central banks met this week as well. Is there any global implication to the outcome of those meetings?
8. Let’s look at the biggest market cap stocks on your radar. There’s Apple AAPL, Shopify SHOP and China Construction Bank CICHY.
Our Chief Equity Strategist and Economist, John Blank, taking another look at the economic picture for us. With John, I’m Terry Ruffolo.
Want the latest recommendations from Zacks Investment Research? Today, you can download 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days. Click to get this free report
Apple Inc. (AAPL) : Free Stock Analysis Report
China Construction Bank Corp. (CICHY) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Shopify Inc. (SHOP) : Free Stock Analysis Report
To read this article on Zacks.com click here.
Zacks Investment Research