OPELOUSAS, La., July 16, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The summer heat often brings a desire to eat a fresh, cool salad ... and this is the one you've been craving. The Farmer's Market Salad by The Cooking Mom is an easy way to use vegetables that are in season, or to use up what you have left in the fridge without having to go to the store. It's bright, colorful and full of a crisp, herbal zesty flavor thanks to Tony Chachere's Creole-Style Italian Dressing.
TONY'S FARMER'S MARKET SALAD
1 Lb. Green Beans, Ends Trimmed
3-4 Ears Fresh Sweet Corn, Cooked and Taken Off the Cob
2 Cans (14 oz. Each) Black Beans, Rinsed and Drained
2 Cups Tomatoes, Seeded and Diced or Grape or Cherry Tomatoes, Cut in Half
1 Jalapeño Pepper, Chopped (Optional)
¼ Cup Crumbled Queso Fresco, Feta or Goat Cheese
¾ Cup – 1 Cup Tony Chachere's Creole-Style Italian Dressing
Juice from ½ Lime (Optional)
½ Cup Fresh Cilantro, Chopped
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 2 Minutes
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add green beans and cook for about 2 minutes or until tender.
- Drain beans and put them in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. Let them sit for a couple of minutes in the water until cooled. (This will keep them bright green.)
- Drain the beans again and pat dry.
- Place green beans, corn, black beans, tomatoes and chopped jalapeño pepper, if using, in a large bowl.
- Toss veggies with ¾ to 1 cup of Tony's Creole-Style Italian Dressing until veggies are nicely coated.
- Cover and refrigerate up to 3 hours.
- Right before serving, stir in chopped fresh cilantro, crumbled cheese and lime juice, if using. Toss to coat. Serve right away.
- You can blanch the green beans and refrigerate them 2 days ahead.
- You can also substitute blanched asparagus for the green beans.
- You can add other fresh veggies from the farmer's market, like chopped onions and bell peppers.
About Tony Chachere's®
Tony Chachere's® Famous Creole Cuisine was founded in 1972 by Tony Chachere, the "Ole Master" of Creole cooking, and continues to be family owned-and-operated in Opelousas, Louisiana. Tony Chachere's® has been a fixture in kitchens across the nation for decades, with a particular presence in the Southeast. While its authentic lines of Creole products are top-notch for all sorts of dishes, its marinades, dinner mixes, salad dressings and seasonings are a must-have for your everyday feasts. You can get more Tony Chachere's® recipes and products by visiting tonychachere.com/Recipes. For all of the cooking tips you need, go to tonychachere.com/Video.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cool-crisp-and-zesty-salad-perfect-for-whatever-veggies-you-have-in-the-kitchen-301095117.html
SOURCE Tony Chachere's