CORNING, N.Y.; MARCH 13, 2018 - Corning Incorporated (GLW) will showcase its broad industry leadership with new products and award-winning solutions, and highlight its collaboration with leaders in the industry at the 2018 Optical Networking and Communication Conference & Exhibition (OFC) March 13-15 in San Diego, California.
Corning innovations are designed to help operators stay ahead of bandwidth needs by accelerating network deployment and enhancing network performance. Corning (booth #2822) will highlight optical fiber, cable, and connectivity solutions such as TXF(TM) optical fiber for next-generation long-haul networks and RocketRibbon(TM) extreme-density cable for data center and carrier environments.
"Demand for high-speed connectivity is putting pressure on networks, so speed of installation and cutting-edge network capability are more important than ever," said Clark S. Kinlin, executive vice president, Corning Optical Communications. "As the only end-to-end manufacturer and supplier of optical solutions, we work continuously with our customers to develop solutions that keep their networks future-ready while minimizing total cost of ownership."
Corning will highlight:
- TXF(TM) optical fiber, which enables high data-rate transmission over longer spans and extended reach for improved network flexibility and lower network cost. At the conference, Corning will jointly demonstrate with Infinera (booth #4547) a 600 km link of TXF fiber used to connect Infinera`s advanced optical transmission equipment, illustrating the ability to scale capacity up to 55 Tb/s per fiber. Also, a joint research paper with leading global telecoms operator BT, prepared for the OFC Technical Symposium, details the superior transmission performance of TXF fiber compared to standard single-mode fibers for 400G.
- RocketRibbon(TM) extreme-density cable, which enables up to 30 percent faster installation than other high-density ribbon cables. With up to 3,456 fibers per cable, it allows operators to quickly install more capacity in the same duct space to accommodate increased bandwidth demand. In addition to the improved fiber density, a unique ribbon design makes the fibers within RocketRibbon cable easy to manage, identify, and trace - all of which significantly improves install times and lowers ongoing maintenance costs.
- The FlexNAP(TM) multiuse system, which provides the most cost-effective method of deploying optical fiber in distribution networks, with speeds up to five times faster than traditional field installations. FlexNAP is a finalist for an innovation award to be presented during the conference as part of the 2018 Lightwave Innovation Reviews.
- EDGE8(TM), the industry`s first tip-to-tip, preterminated optical cabling system designed to allow simple migration to a future-ready base-8 design. Recognized last year with innovation awards in Asia, Europe, and North America, EDGE8 Solutions provide improved density, network uptime, speed, and ease of use.
- Corning`s newest solutions for original equipment manufacturers, including a 12-channel fiber array unit with a 90-degree light turn that fits within small spaces and offers high reliability, small banding loss, and precise assembly length. The FAU is among the innovations stemming from Corning`s 2016 acquisition of Alliance Fiber Optic Products Inc.
The San Diego Convention Center, site of the conference, recently upgraded cellular service and capacity using the Corning® ONE(TM) Wireless Platform. Conference attendees can hear a panel discussion and sign up for tours highlighting key parts of the Distributed Antenna System that enhance cellular connectivity using a "fiber-deep" infrastructure that reduces total cost of ownership. The system can also scale to support future capacity requirements.
Corning experts will offer insights on industry trends during workshops throughout the conference. Attendees are invited to experience Corning`s innovations and more at booth #2822. For more information, visit Corning`s online portal or media resources page.
Forward-Looking and Cautionary Statements
This press release contains "forward-looking statements" (within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995), which are based on current expectations and assumptions about Corning`s financial results and business operations, that involve substantial risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially. These risks and uncertainties include: the effect of global political, economic and business conditions; conditions in the financial and credit markets; currency fluctuations; tax rates; product demand and industry capacity; competition; reliance on a concentrated customer base; manufacturing efficiencies; cost reductions; availability of critical components and materials; new product commercialization; pricing fluctuations and changes in the mix of sales between premium and non-premium products; new plant start-up or restructuring costs; possible disruption in commercial activities due to terrorist activity, armed conflict, political or financial instability, natural disasters, adverse weather conditions, or major health concerns; adequacy of insurance; equity company activities; acquisition and divestiture activities; the level of excess or obsolete inventory; the rate of technology change; the ability to enforce patents; product and components performance issues; retention of key personnel; stock price fluctuations; and adverse litigation or regulatory developments. These and other risk factors are detailed in Corning`s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Forward-looking statements speak only as of the day that they are made, and Corning undertakes no obligation to update them in light of new information or future events.
In accordance with guidance provided by the SEC regarding the use of company websites and social media channels to disclose material information, Corning Incorporated ("Corning") wishes to notify investors, media, and other interested parties that it intends to use its website (http://www.corning.com/worldwide/en/about-us/news-events.html) to publish important information about the company, including information that may be deemed material to investors, or supplemental to information contained in this or other press releases. The list of websites and social media channels that the company uses may be updated on Corning`s media and website from time to time. Corning encourages investors, media, and other interested parties to review the information Corning may publish through its website and social media channels as described above, in addition to the company`s SEC filings, press releases, conference calls, and webcasts.
About Corning Incorporated
Corning (www.corning.com) is one of the world`s leading innovators in materials science, with a 166-year track record of life-changing inventions. Corning applies its unparalleled expertise in glass science, ceramic science, and optical physics along with its deep manufacturing and engineering capabilities to develop category-defining products that transform industries and enhance people`s lives. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in RD&E, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and deep, trust-based relationships with customers who are global leaders in their industries.
Corning`s capabilities are versatile and synergistic, which allows the company to evolve to meet changing market needs, while also helping our customers capture new opportunities in dynamic industries. Today, Corning`s markets include optical communications, mobile consumer electronics, display technology, automotive, and life sciences vessels. Corning`s industry-leading products include damage-resistant cover glass for mobile devices; precision glass for advanced displays; optical fiber, wireless technologies, and connectivity solutions for state-of-the-art communications networks; trusted products to accelerate drug discovery and delivery; and clean-air technologies for cars and trucks.
Media Relations Contacts:
This announcement is distributed by Nasdaq Corporate Solutions on behalf of Nasdaq Corporate Solutions clients.
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: Corning Incorporated via GlobeNewswire