Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: Daily Roundup
SILVER SPRING, Md., June 18, 2020
SILVER SPRING, Md., June 18, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today continued to take action in the ongoing response to the COVID-19 pandemic:
Media Contact: Lee.Herring@fda.hhs.gov, 240-402-6386
Consumer Inquiries: 888-INFO-FDA
The FDA, an agency within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, protects the public health by assuring the safety, effectiveness, and security of human and veterinary drugs, vaccines and other biological products for human use, and medical devices. The agency also is responsible for the safety and security of our nation's food supply, cosmetics, dietary supplements, products that give off electronic radiation, and for regulating tobacco products.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/coronavirus-covid-19-update-daily-roundup-301079907.html
SOURCE U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- The FDA participated in the International Society for Neglected Tropical Diseases virtual meeting today to discuss how the CURE ID app can be used to capture case reports regarding treatments and advance research into neglected tropical disease and COVID-19.
- Visit the FDA's new web section Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Emergency Use Authorizations for Medical Devices. This resource provides information on the Emergency Use Authorizations for COVID-19 tests and other medical devices that the FDA has issued related to COVID-19 on individual web pages to help make it easier for the public to access this information.
- The FDA published FAQs related to its Temporary Policy Regarding Certain Food Labeling Requirements During the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency: Minor Formulation Changes and Vending Machines.
- Testing updates:
- FAQs on Testing for SARS-CoV-2
- Policy for Coronavirus Disease-2019 Tests During the Public Health Emergency (Revised)
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)