WTI Crude Oil
The WTI Crude Oil market went back and forth during the trading session on Friday, forming a bit of a spinning top, but quite frankly I don’t think that’s is an area that I would be concerned about, mainly because the 50 day EMA has offered resistance, but I think the $50 level underneath will be much more interesting. The 20 day EMA is just below there and turning up, so I think that pullbacks should give us an opportunity to take advantage of this break out.
Crude Oil Inventories Video 14.01.19
Brent also formed a similar candle, sitting just above the $60 handle. Beyond that, the 50 day EMA is just above and offering resistance. I think the $60 level should offer support, just as the 20 EMA underneath Will. Because of this, I like the idea of buying pullbacks as the market is trying to build up enough momentum to break out to the upside, slicing through the $65 handle. Once we clear that area, then we could go towards the $70 handle. I do believe that the bottom has been put into these crude oil markets, so I’m looking for pullbacks as a bit of value to take advantage of. I don’t have any interest in shorting oil, quite frankly it had gotten so oversold that shorting here would be simply chasing the trade and looking for more financial pain. I like the idea of the longer-term turnaround.
This article was originally posted on FX Empire
More From FXEMPIRE:
- GBP/USD Weekly Price Forecast – Pound choppy and sideways
- E-mini Dow Jones Industrial Average (YM) Futures Technical Analysis – January 11, 2019 Forecast
- Gold Price Forecast – Gold markets continue to press resistance
- E-mini NASDAQ-100 Index (NQ) Futures Technical Analysis – January 11, 2019 Forecast
- Natural Gas Weekly Price Forecast – natural gas sits still
- USD/JPY Weekly Price Forecast – US dollar continues to struggle