WTI Crude Oil
The WTI Crude Oil market fell significantly during the week, touching as low as $67.30. It looks as if the negativity could continue, but as you can see on the chart I have an uptrend line that coincides roughly with the $66 level. If we break down below that uptrend line, $65 will be the next major support level, and clearing that area would be very negative for this market indeed. However, I think at this point we are simply going to retest for support, which means we need to fall in the short term. This week could be a bit negative, but I think that the selling pressure will abate somewhat soon as the US dollar has been a bit overbought recently as well.
Brent markets fell during most of the week, crashing through an uptrend line. However, we have turned around the show signs of life again, so I think if we can break above the $75 level the Brent market could continue to go higher, and perhaps test the $80 level. The alternate scenario is that we go down to the $70 level where I expect to see quite a significant amount of support come into play. This next week or so is going to be crucial as to where this market goes longer term, so you would be forgiven to sit on the sidelines and wait for the weekly candle to print before you put longer term money to work.
WTI Video 23.07.18
This article was originally posted on FX Empire
More From FXEMPIRE:
- S&P 500 Price Forecast – S&P 500 choppy to end the week
- AUD/USD Forex Technical Analysis – Move Through .7484 Changes Minor Trend to Up
- Gold Price Forecast – Gold markets rally after Trump comments
- Natural Gas Weekly Price Forecast – natural gas market forms a hammer
- Stocks Lower as Trump Threatens to Go All in on Tariffs Against China
- S&P 500 Weekly Price Forecast – S&P 500 lackluster during the week