FORT LAUDERDALE, FL--(Marketwire - Jan 15, 2013) - MSC Cruises is kicking off the 2013 "Wave Season" with complimentary balcony upgrades across the MSC fleet, featuring an exciting array of itineraries and destinations. For as low as $82/day per person (including dining and entertainment), MSC guests will relish in the best vistas available of the Mediterranean, Northern Europe and the Caribbean from the lavish comfort of their very own balcony.
Through March 31, 2013, cruise aficionados can take advantage of MSC's "Move Up in the World" promotion and enjoy a balcony stateroom for the price of an oceanview. Available as part of the cruise industry's traditional "Wave Season", examples of sailings include:
- 3-night Caribbean cruises, starting at $369 per person
- 5-night Mediterranean cruises, starting at $499 per person
- 7-night Caribbean cruises, start at $679 per person
- 7-night Mediterranean cruises, start at $599 per person
- 7-night Northern European cruises, starting at $849 per person
Travelers taking advantage of this special offer will enjoy MSC's renowned Mediterranean style, elegant and pristine décor, cosmopolitan flare, delicious Mediterranean cuisine and highly acclaimed world-class entertainment.
The "Move Up in the World" promotion is available on 11 of MSC's 12-ship fleet with more than 200 different departure dates for European, Mediterranean and Caribbean cruises and a vast selection of itineraries and departure ports.
Samples of just some of the available sailings include:
Travelers can choose from several alternating Eastern and Western Caribbean cruises, visiting ports, such as Cozumel, Mexico, Roatan Island, Honduras, Saint Maarten, St. John's, Nassau and Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas, San Juan, Puerto Rico, Georgetown, Cayman Islands and Montego Bay, Jamaica.
- MSC Poesia sails 7 nights from Fort Lauderdale on Feb. 9, 16, 23, March 9, 30 and April 6, 2013. Rates start at $679.
- The newly launched MSC Divina sails for the first time from Miami, beginning Fall 2013 through April 2014. 7-night sailings start at $749 and 3-night sailings start at $369.
- Fall in love with the Mediterranean on board the MSC Divina, sailing 7 nights from Venice with ports of call in Bari, Italy, Katakolon (Olympia), Greece, Izmir (Ephesus), Istanbul, Turkey and Dubrovnik, Croatia. Sailing March through October with rates starting at $669.
- For a late Fall and Winter Mediterranean experience, the MSC Fantasia sails 11 nights from Genoa, calling on Katakolon, Greece, Alexandria, Egypt, Haifa, Israel, Piraeus, Athens and Civitavecchia, Rome. Nov. 25, Dec. 6, 2013 and Jan. 8, 19, 30, 2014 sailings start at $899.
- Western Mediterranean cruises onboard the MSC Splendida. Sail 7 nights from Barcelona, Spain with calls on La Goulette, Tunisia, Palermo, Sicily, Civitavecchia, Rome, Genoa, Italy and Marseille, France. Nov.18, 25, Dec.2, 9, 16, 2013 sailings start at $649.
- Scheduled to debut in March 2013, MSC's newest ship, the MSC Preziosa sails from Barcelona, Spain, calling on Marseilles, France, Genoa, Naples, Messina, Italy and La Goulette, Tunisia. Sailing March through November with fares from $599 for 7 nights.
- Sail through Scandinavia for 7-nights on MSC Opera from South Hampton, calling at Ijmuiden, Amsterdam, Flaam, Stavanger and Oslo, Norway. May through September fares start at $849.
**Prices are per person and vary by sail date. Government fees and taxes are additional and vary by ships and sailing dates.
Consumers can book by phone by contacting their preferred travel advisor or MSC Cruises at 1.877.665.4655 and asking for the special "Wave Season 2013" promotion. For those interested in booking online, visit www.msccruisesusa.com, pick a sailing date, and select "Wave Season 2013" from the "choose your promotion" drop-down menu.