Latest updates to Cumulus NetQ streamline and automate network operations, enabling enterprises to reduce costs, improve network security and maximize the value of network infrastructure
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., April 28, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cumulus Networks, the leaders in building open, modern, and scalable networks, today released NetQ 3.0 – the leading network operations tool that utilizes telemetry for deep troubleshooting, visibility, and automated workflows from a single GUI interface, reducing maintenance and network downtimes. Included in the updated software are Lifecycle Management (LCM) capabilities that enable NetQ to deliver upgrade and configuration management with push button simplicity helping to remove complexity and open the door to adoption of open networking.
NetQ leverages real-time telemetry data and correlates configuration and operational status to instantly identify and track state changes while simplifying management across a single fabric from data center to campus environments. With the addition of full Lifecycle Management functionality, NetQ 3.0 now combines the ability to easily upgrade, configure and deploy network elements with a full suite of operations capabilities, such as visibility, troubleshooting, validation, trace and comparative look-back functionality.
Managing network assets correctly is critical to avoiding application-impacting network outages, performance degradation and security incidents. Network operators often struggle with operational challenges such as network disruption caused by maintenance and configuration changes. What previously would require automation scripting and significant development effort to perform a software upgrade, can now be done simply with the push of a button through NetQ’s simple to use GUI interface. NetQ removes all of the complexity, workstreams, hassle and risks associated with the upgrade process, allowing network operators to focus on more strategic efforts.
Key Features and Benefits
The inclusion of network lifecycle management in NetQ 3.0 gives data center and campus environments a single fabric to lower operational costs, increase flexibility, reduce security risks and maximize the value of networking infrastructure. Updates include:
- NEW - Configuration Management - Customers can now easily install a new switch and push a golden configuration from a centralized location with the ability to enforce standards, deploy configlet that helps to automate repetitive configuration tasks and easily identify differences between this and the default configuration.
- NEW - Software Upgrade Management - Avoid network disruption during important software upgrades for new features, critical security patches and bug fixes. NetQ Upgrade Management simplifies software upgrade functionality with push button simplicity.
- Snapshot and Compare - designed to minimize risk of network disruption, Snapshot allows operators to compare the live state of the network before and after maintenance or configuration changes.
- Integration with Mellanox’s What Just Happened (WJH) - available on Mellanox switches and provides detailed information about any packet drop on any device on the network for any reason. WJH collects full packet information on drops related to layer 1, buffer, ACL, routing issues and more.
- Topology - monitor your network by viewing performance about individual devices and the entire fabric.
- Validation - easily view and validate network state, intent and configuration across the entire network from switches to hosts to containers.
- Trace - verify connectivity between two devices either on-demand or per a desired schedule. This includes layer 2, layer 3 and overlay based networks.
“We are in the business of providing our customers with the tools to make network operation and deployment as easy and cost-effective as possible,” said Partho Mishra, President and Chief Product Officer at Cumulus Networks. “Adding Lifecycle Management capabilities to NetQ provides significant operational benefits to our Cumulus Linux customers and opens the doors to unprecedented insights into the state of modern network infrastructure at the push of a button.”
NetQ 3.0 is available today.
For more information, read about the software release here, watch this video or register for the webinar here. You can also find more details about NetQ by visiting the Cumulus Networks website and by reviewing the datasheet. See Cumulus NetQ in action for free by signing up for a free virtual data center.
About Cumulus Networks
Cumulus Networks provides networking software to design, run, and operate modern networking environments that are simple, open, agile, resilient, and scalable. Cumulus Linux is the only open networking software that allows you to affordably build and efficiently operate your network like the world’s largest data center and campus operators, unlocking vertical network stacks. Combined with Cumulus NetQ, a highly scalable, network operations tool set, organizations can accelerate the deployment of open networks and reduce the mean-time to resolution. Cumulus Networks has more than 2,000 customers globally and has received venture funding from Andreessen Horowitz, Battery Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Telstra Ventures, Peter Wagner, four of the original VMware founders, among others. For more information, please visit www.cumulusnetworks.com.
CUMULUS, the Cumulus Logo, CUMULUS NETWORKS, and the Rocket Turtle Logo (the “Marks”) are trademarks and service marks of Cumulus Networks, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries. You are not permitted to use the Marks without the prior written consent of Cumulus Networks.