Brings to 46 the total number of drive-thru test sites across the state
Completes the company's commitment to establish 1,000 test sites across the country by end of May
WOONSOCKET, R.I., May 28, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Building on the company's comprehensive efforts to help slow the spread of the virus, CVS Health (NYSE: CVS) today expanded its COVID-19 testing program by announcing 23 additional test sites at select CVS Pharmacy drive-thru locations across Georgia. The opening of additional test sites on Friday, May 29 add to the 23 locations previously opened in Georgia.
These new sites will utilize self-swab tests and deliver on the company's commitment to establish 1,000 locations across the country by the end of May, as originally announced on April 27. These new test sites will help enable the company's goal of processing up to 1.5 million tests per month, subject to availability of supplies and lab capacity.
"CVS Health has been at the forefront of helping our nation scale-up COVID-19 testing capabilities, and we're proud to meet our goal of establishing 1,000 testing sites in communities across the country," said Larry J. Merlo, President and CEO, CVS Health. "Opening access to testing to more locations using our drive-thru window represents an important milestone in our response to the pandemic. We remain grateful for the daily efforts and sacrifices of our front-line colleagues who make the continued expansion of our testing possible."
More than half of the company's 1,000 test sites will serve communities with the greatest need for support, as measured by the CDC's Social Vulnerability Index. The index tracks a variety of census variables including poverty, lack of access to transportation, and crowded housing that may weaken a community's ability to prepare for and recover from hazardous events like natural disasters and disease outbreaks.
Self-swab tests will be available to individuals meeting Centers for Disease Control and Prevention criteria, in addition to state and age guidelines. Patients must register in advance at CVS.com beginning Friday, May 29 to schedule an appointment. Patients will be required to stay in their cars and will be directed to the pharmacy drive-thru window, where they will be provided with a test kit and given instructions, and a CVS Pharmacy team member will observe the self-swab process to ensure it is done properly. Tests will be sent to an independent, third-party lab for processing and the results will be available in approximately three days.
Testing will not take place inside any retail locations, and CVS Pharmacy, HealthHUB and MinuteClinic will continue to serve customers and patients.
The additional new testing sites in Georgia include:
- CVS Pharmacy, 10710 State Bridge Road, Alpharetta, GA 30022
- CVS Pharmacy, 795 Oglethorpe Avenue, Athens, GA 30606
- CVS Pharmacy, 1455 Moreland Avenue, Atlanta, GA 30316
- CVS Pharmacy, 3435 Ashford Dunwoody Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30319
- CVS Pharmacy, 2350 Cheshire Bridge Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30324
- CVS Pharmacy, 1610 Mount Vernon Road, Atlanta, GA 30338
- CVS Pharmacy, 439 North Highland Avenue, Atlanta, GA 30312
- CVS Pharmacy, 2237 Cascade Road SW, Atlanta, GA 30311
- CVS Pharmacy, 3221 Peachtree Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30305
- CVS Pharmacy, 1520 Walton Way, Augusta, GA 30909
- CVS Pharmacy, 3231 Wrightsboro Road, Augusta, GA 30909
- CVS Pharmacy, 2703 Washington Road, Augusta, GA 30909
- CVS Pharmacy, 2559 Windsor Spring Road, Augusta, GA 30906
- CVS Pharmacy, 1622 S. Lumpkin Road, Columbus, GA 31903
- CVS Pharmacy, 4561 River Road, Columbus, GA 31904
- CVS Pharmacy, 8139 Tara Boulevard, Jonesboro, GA 30236
- CVS Pharmacy, 1802 Roanoke Road, LaGrange, GA 30420
- CVS Pharmacy, 1187 Grayson Highway, Lawrenceville, GA 30045
- CVS Pharmacy, 4080 Bloomfield Road, Macon, GA 31206
- CVS Pharmacy, 2098 Highway 20 West, McDonough, GA 30253
- CVS Pharmacy, 2720 Highway 42 North, McDonough, GA 30253
- CVS Pharmacy, 712 Stephenson Avenue, Savannah, GA 31405
- CVS Pharmacy, 2205 North Ashley Street, Valdosta, GA 31602
A complete list of CVS Pharmacy drive-thru test sites can be found here.
More information on steps CVS Health has taken to address the COVID-19 pandemic, including support for health care providers and clinicians facing financial and administrative strain, is available at the company's frequently updated COVID-19 resource center.
For downloadable COVID-19 testing media assets, including photos, video and interviews with CVS Health executives, please visit the Media Resource Center.
About CVS Health
CVS Health employees are united around a common goal of becoming the most consumer-centric health company in the world. We're evolving based on changing consumer needs and meeting people where they are, whether that's in the community at one of our nearly 10,000 local touchpoints, in the home, or in the palm of their hand. Our newest offerings – from HealthHUB® locations that are redefining what a pharmacy can be, to innovative programs that help manage chronic conditions – are designed to create a higher-quality, simpler and more affordable experience. Learn more about how we're transforming health at https://www.cvshealth.com.
Tara Burke, (646) 765-4971
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cvs-health-expands-statewide-covid-19-response-by-opening-23-additional-new-drive-thru-test-sites-in-georgia-301066691.html
SOURCE CVS Health