Brings to 86 the total number of drive-thru test sites across the state
Completes the company's commitment to establish 1,000 test sites across the country by end of May
WOONSOCKET, R.I., May 28, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Building on the company's comprehensive efforts to help slow the spread of the virus, CVS Health (NYSE: CVS) today expanded its COVID-19 testing program by announcing 42 additional test sites at select CVS Pharmacy drive-thru locations across Texas. The opening of additional test sites on Friday, May 29 add to the 44 locations previously opened in Texas.
These new sites will utilize self-swab tests and deliver on the company's commitment to establish 1,000 locations across the country by the end of May, as originally announced on April 27. These new test sites will help enable the company's goal of processing up to 1.5 million tests per month, subject to availability of supplies and lab capacity.
"CVS Health has been at the forefront of helping our nation scale-up COVID-19 testing capabilities, and we're proud to meet our goal of establishing 1,000 testing sites in communities across the country," said Larry J. Merlo, President and CEO, CVS Health. "Opening access to testing to more locations using our drive-thru window represents an important milestone in our response to the pandemic. We remain grateful for the daily efforts and sacrifices of our front-line colleagues who make the continued expansion of our testing possible."
More than half of the company's 1,000 test sites will serve communities with the greatest need for support, as measured by the CDC's Social Vulnerability Index. The index tracks a variety of census variables including poverty, lack of access to transportation, and crowded housing that may weaken a community's ability to prepare for and recover from hazardous events like natural disasters and disease outbreaks.
Self-swab tests will be available to individuals meeting Centers for Disease Control and Prevention criteria, in addition to state and age guidelines. Patients must register in advance at CVS.com beginning Friday, May 29 to schedule an appointment. Patients will be required to stay in their cars and will be directed to the pharmacy drive-thru window, where they will be provided with a test kit and given instructions, and a CVS Pharmacy team member will observe the self-swab process to ensure it is done properly. Tests will be sent to an independent, third-party lab for processing and the results will be available in approximately three days.
Testing will not take place inside any retail locations, and CVS Pharmacy, HealthHUB and MinuteClinic will continue to serve customers and patients.
The additional new testing sites in Texas include:
- CVS Pharmacy, 815 East Abrams Street, Arlington, TX 76010
- CVS Pharmacy, 3923 Garth Road, Baytown, TX 77521
- CVS Pharmacy, 5430 Bissonnet Street, Bellaire, TX 77081
- CVS Pharmacy, 3205 South Alameda St., Corpus Christi, TX 78404
- CVS Pharmacy, 9390 Forest Lane, Dallas, TX 75234
- CVS Pharmacy, 13033 Coit Road, Dallas, TX 75240
- CVS Pharmacy, 7102 Campbell Road, Dallas, TX 75248
- CVS Pharmacy, 7203 Skillman Street, Dallas, TX 75231
- CVS Pharmacy, 10014 Garland Road, Dallas, TX 75218
- CVS Pharmacy, 17410 Marsh Lane, Dallas, TX 75287
- CVS Pharmacy, 3030 Sylvan Avenue, Dallas, TX 75212
- CVS Pharmacy, 150 East Illinois Avenue, Dallas, TX 75216
- CVS Pharmacy, 7979 Beltline Road, Dallas, TX 75254
- CVS Pharmacy, 6431 McCart Avenue, Fort Worth, TX 76133
- CVS Pharmacy, 3401 Atla Mere Drive, Fort Worth, TX 76116
- CVS Pharmacy, 2706 Jacksboro Highway, Fort Worth, TX 76114
- CVS Pharmacy, 4333 Western Center Blvd., Fort Worth, TX 76137
- CVS Pharmacy, 700 W. Seminary Drive, Fort Worth, TX 76115
- CVS Pharmacy, 9620 White Settlement Rd., Fort Worth, TX 76108
- CVS Pharmacy, 2326 61st Street, Galveston, TX 77551
- CVS Pharmacy, 1000 Elgin Street, Houston, TX 77004
- CVS Pharmacy, 6079 State Highway 6 North, Houston, TX 77084
- CVS Pharmacy, 12601 Tomball Parkway, Houston, TX 77086
- CVS Pharmacy, 11600 FM 1960 West, Houston, TX 77065
- CVS Pharmacy, 5510 West Orem Drive, Houston, TX 77045
- CVS Pharmacy, 19715 Tomball Parkway, Houston, TX 77070
- CVS Pharmacy, 4150 North Shepherd Street, Houston, TX 77018
- CVS Pharmacy, 5725 N. Eldridge Parkway, Houston, TX 77041
- CVS Pharmacy, 2828 Spears Road, Houston, TX 77067
- CVS Pharmacy, 4451 West Fuqua Road, Houston, TX 77045
- CVS Pharmacy, 12502 Memorial Drive, Houston, TX 77024
- CVS Pharmacy, 3401 West Walnut Hill Lane, Irving, TX 75038
- CVS Pharmacy, 1333 Story Road, Irving, TX 75060
- CVS Pharmacy, 8953 Virginia Parkway, McKinney, TX 75071
- CVS Pharmacy, 6301 West El Dorado Parkway, McKinney, TX 75070
- CVS Pharmacy, 5610 Spencer Highway, Pasadena, TX 77505
- CVS Pharmacy, 3027 Nacogdoches Road, San Antonio, TX 78217
- CVS Pharmacy, 6539 De Zavala Road, San Antonio, TX 78249
- CVS Pharmacy, 9838 Potranco Road, San Antonio, TX 78251
- CVS Pharmacy, 4100 De Zavala Road, San Antonio, TX 78249
- CVS Pharmacy, 1118 South WW White Road, San Antonio, TX 78220
- CVS Pharmacy, 9050 FM 1560 N., San Antonio, TX 78254
A complete list of CVS Pharmacy drive-thru test sites can be found here.
More information on steps CVS Health has taken to address the COVID-19 pandemic, including support for health care providers and clinicians facing financial and administrative strain, is available at the company's frequently updated COVID-19 resource center.
For downloadable COVID-19 testing media assets, including photos, video and interviews with CVS Health executives, please visit the Media Resource Center.
About CVS Health
CVS Health employees are united around a common goal of becoming the most consumer-centric health company in the world. We're evolving based on changing consumer needs and meeting people where they are, whether that's in the community at one of our nearly 10,000 local touchpoints, in the home, or in the palm of their hand. Our newest offerings – from HealthHUB® locations that are redefining what a pharmacy can be, to innovative programs that help manage chronic conditions – are designed to create a higher-quality, simpler and more affordable experience. Learn more about how we're transforming health at https://www.cvshealth.com.
Monica Prinzing, (831) 241-8294
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cvs-health-expands-statewide-covid-19-response-by-opening-42-additional-new-drive-thru-test-sites-in-texas-301066772.html
SOURCE CVS Health