Here's a roundup of top developments in the biotech space over the last 24 hours.
Scaling the Peaks
(Stocks hitting 52-week highs on Aug. 13)
Down In The Dumps
(Stocks hitting 52-week lows on Aug. 13)
- Acasti Pharma (NASDAQ: ACST)
- Achaogen Inc (NASDAQ: AKAO)
- Agile Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ: AGRX)
- Arsanis Inc (NASDAQ: ASNS)(reported a wider-than-expected loss for its Q2)
- aTyr Pharma Inc (NASDAQ: LIFE)
- Aytu BioScience (NASDAQ: AYTU) (1-for-20 reverse stock split became effective)
- Cleveland BioLabs, Inc. (NASDAQ: CBLI)
- DelMar Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ: DMPI)
- IntelliPharmaCeutics Intl Inc (USA) (NASDAQ: IPCI)
- Osiris Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: OSIR)
- Portola Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: PTLA)
- Puma Biotechnology Inc (NASDAQ: PBYI)
- Surface Oncology Inc (NASDAQ: SURF)
- Synlogic Inc (NASDAQ: SYBX)
- Titan Medical Inc. (NASDAQ: TMDI)(reacted to the announcement of Q2 results)
- VBI Vaccines Inc (NASDAQ: VBIV)
Stocks In Focus
Stocks Reacting To Earnings
VolitionRX Ltd (NYSE: VNRX) reported a loss of 15 cents per share for the second quarter, wider than the loss of 13 cents per share last year. Analysts, on average, estimated a loss of 14 cents per share. Cash and cash equivalents as of June 30, 2018 totaled $11.9 million.
The stock rose 3.66 percent to $1.98 in after-hours session.
Cesca Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ: KOOL) reported second-quarter net revenues of $2 million compared to $3.5 million last year, with the decline attributed to lower AXP sales due to a change in a distributor in China, lower BioArchive device sales and the termination of a royalty payment agreement last year.
The loss per share widened from 12 cents in Q217 to $1.73 in Q218. The stock jumped 11.76 percent to $11.76 percent in after-hours trading.
ENDRA Life Sciences Inc (NASDAQ: NDRA) reported a loss of 47 cents per share for its second quarter compared to a loss of 59 cents per share in the year-ago quarter.
The stock gained 4.01 percent to $2.36 in after-hours trading.
Acer Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ: ACER) said its second-quarter loss narrowed from $1.29 in Q217 to 64 cents per share in Q218. The consensus estimate had called for a loss of 55 cents per share.
The stock jumped 9.03 percent to $31.62 in after-hours trading.
On The Radar Earnings
- Athenex Inc (NASDAQ: ATNX) Q2 EPS $(0.58) Misses $(0.48) Estimate, Sales $11.6M Miss $14.42M Estimate
- Array Biopharma Inc ( (NASDAQ: ARRY) Q4 EPS $(0.25) Misses $(0.24) Estimate, Sales $35.4M Miss $38.73M Estimate
- Bioanalytical Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: BASI)(before the market open)
- Cancer Genetics Inc (NASDAQ: CGIX) Q2 EPS $(0.13) Beats $(0.16) Estimate, Sales $7.036M Miss $8.3M Estimate
- Eyenovia Inc (NASDAQ: EYEN) Q2 EPS $(0.33) Beats $(0.42) Est.
- Urogen Pharma Ltd (NASDAQ: URGN) Q2 EPS $(1.14) Misses $(0.89) Estimate, Sales $364K
- Neuronetics Inc (NASDAQ: STIM) Q2 EPS $(30.60) Misses $(0.84) Estimate, Sales $13.252M Beat $12.32M Estimate
- Onconova Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ: ONTX) Q2 EPS $(0.07) Beats $(0.08) Estimate, Sales $485K Beat $220K Estimate
- OptiNose Inc (NASDAQ: OPTN) Q2 EPS $(0.64) Beats $(0.77) Estimate, Sales $1.274M Beat $1.25M Estimate
- Aerpio Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ: ARPO) Q2 EPS $(0.22) Beats $(0.23) Est., Sales $1.33M May Not Compare To $670K Est.
- aTyr Pharma Inc (NASDAQ: LIFE) (after the market close)
- Cytori Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ: CYTX) (after the market close)
- Biocept Inc (NASDAQ: BIOC) (after the market close)
- Reshape Lifesciences Inc (NASDAQ: RSLS) (after the market close)
- RXi Pharmaceuticals Corp (NASDAQ: RXII) (after the market close)
- Precision Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ: AIPT) (after the market close)
Aridis Pharmaceuticals priced its offering of 2 million shares at $13 per share, at the low end of the estimated price range of $13-$15. The shares will begin trading on the Nasdaq under the ticker symbol ARDS.
See more from Benzinga
- The Daily Biotech Pulse: Puma, CareDx Soar On Earnings, Corcept Plunges On Bottom-Line Miss
- The Daily Biotech Pulse: Ampio Slides On Offering, Sangamo's Positive Trial Results, Insys Earnings
- Benzinga's Biotech Pulse: Pfizer's Xeljanz Gets EU Nod, NewLink Losses Narrow, Neuralstem Commences Stroke Drug Trial
© 2018 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.