The gold futures contract gained 0.55% on Friday, as it continued to trade along Wednesday’s new yearly high of $1,796.10. The market has extended its long-term uptrend last week. The recent economic data releases didn’t bring any new surprises for the financial markets, however, gold broke above its local highs, as we can see on the daily chart:
Gold is trading 0.3% lower this morning, as it is further extending the short-term consolidation. What about the other precious metals? Silver gained 0.78% on Friday and today it is 0.1% lower. Platinum gained 2.07% on Friday and today it is 1.0% higher, Palladium gained 2.67% on Friday and today it is up 0.9%. So precious metals are mixed on Monday’s morning.
On Friday we got the Personal Spending/ Personal Income numbers along with Core PCE Price Index and the Revised UoM Consumer Sentiment number. The data have been generally as expected. This week we will get the important monthly jobs data on Thursday preceded by Wednesday’s ADP Non-Farm Employment Change release.
Below you will find our Gold, Silver, and Mining Stocks economic news schedule for the next two trading days:
Monday, June 29
- 10:00 a.m. U.S. – Pending Home Sales m/m
- 9:00 p.m. China – Manufacturing PMI, Non-Manufacturing PMI
- All Day, Eurozone – Italian Bank Holiday
Tuesday, June 30
- 8:30 a.m. Canada – GDP m/m
- 9:45 a.m. U.S. – Chicago PMI
- 10:00 a.m. U.S. – CB Consumer Confidence
- 12:30 a.m. U.S. – Fed Chair Powell Testimony
- 2:00 p.m. U.S. – FOMC Member Kashkari Speech
- 9:45 p.m. China – Caixin Manufacturing PMI
Thank you for reading today’s free analysis. We hope you enjoyed it. If so, we would like to invite you to sign up for our free gold newsletter. Once you sign up, you’ll also get 7-day no-obligation trial of all our premium gold services, including our Gold & Silver Trading Alerts. Sign up today!
For a look at all of today’s economic events, check out our economic calendar.
Stock Selection Strategist
Sunshine Profits: Analysis. Care. Profits.
* * * * *
All essays, research and information found above represent analyses and opinions of Paul Rejczak and Sunshine Profits’ associates only. As such, it may prove wrong and be a subject to change without notice. Opinions and analyses were based on data available to authors of respective essays at the time of writing. Although the information provided above is based on careful research and sources that are believed to be accurate, Paul Rejczak and his associates do not guarantee the accuracy or thoroughness of the data or information reported. The opinions published above are neither an offer nor a recommendation to purchase or sell any securities. Mr. Rejczak is not a Registered Securities Advisor. By reading Paul Rejczak’s reports you fully agree that he will not be held responsible or liable for any decisions you make regarding any information provided in these reports. Investing, trading and speculation in any financial markets may involve high risk of loss. Paul Rejczak, Sunshine Profits’ employees and affiliates as well as members of their families may have a short or long position in any securities, including those mentioned in any of the reports or essays, and may make additional purchases and/or sales of those securities without notice.
This article was originally posted on FX Empire
More From FXEMPIRE:
- Daily Gold News: Monday, June 29 – Gold Closer to Long-Term High Again
- AUD/USD Price Forecast – Australian Dollar Continues to Grind
- GBP/JPY Price Forecast – British Pound Continues to Look Soft Against Japanese Yen
- EUR/USD Price Forecast – Euro Kicks Off the Week on Right Foot
- Crude Oil Price Update – Trader Reaction to $39.36 to $39.63 Sets The Tone
- U.S. Stocks Set To Open Higher As Traders Buy Stocks After The Recent Pullback