- DASH gained 2.52% on Tuesday, following on from a 0.02% rise on Monday, to end the day at $70.6.
- A late morning intraday low $67.23 saw DASH slide through the first major support level at $67.68 before bouncing back.
- The bounce back saw DASH break through the day’s first major resistance level at $69.48 and second major resistance level at $70.35 to late afternoon intraday high $71.53 before easing back to $70 levels.
- The extended bearish trend, formed back at late April’s swing hi $547.97, remained firmly intact with DASH sitting well below the 23.6% FIB Retracement Level of $172, following 15th December’s swing lo $56.214.
DASH Price Resistance
DASH rallied by 2.52% on Tuesday, following on from a non-eventful 0.02% gain on Monday, to end the day at $70.6.
Tracking the broader market through the morning, DASH slid to a late morning intraday low $67.23, the reversal seeing DASH fall through the first major support level at $67.68 before finding support from the broader market.
A late morning rebound saw DASH move back through to $70 levels by mid-day. An afternoon rally saw DASH break through the first major resistance level at $69.47 and second major resistance level at $70.35 to strike a late afternoon intraday high $71.53 before easing back to $70 levels by the day’s end.
The extended bearish trend remained firmly intact, in spite of Tuesday’s gains that barely made a dent into 2 consecutive weeks in the red, with DASH continuing to fall well short of the 23.6% FIB of $172 following the 15th December new swing lo $56.214.
At the time of writing, DASH was up 0.61% to $71.03, with moves through the early morning seeing DASH recover from an early morning low $70.58 to strike a morning high $71.34 before easing back, the major support and resistance left untested early on.
For the day ahead, a hold onto $71 levels through the morning would support a breakout to $72 to levels to bring the first major resistance level at $72.34 into play before any pullback, $73 levels and the second major resistance level at $74.09 unlikely to be in play barring a broad based crypto rally later in the day.
Failure to hold onto $71 levels could see DASH hit reverse later in the day, with a pullback through the morning low $70.58 bringing sub-$70 levels and the first major support level at $68.05 into play before any recovery.
We would expect DASH to avoid the second major support level at $65.49, with $67 levels likely to be as bad as it will get in the event of a sell-off.
Looking at the Technical Indicators
Major Support Level: $68.05
Major Resistance Level: $72.34
Fib 23.6% Retracement Level: $172
Fib 38% Retracement Level: $244
Fib 62% Retracement Level: $360
This article was originally posted on FX Empire
More From FXEMPIRE:
- Bitcoin Cash – ABC, Litecoin and Ripple Daily Analysis – 23/01/19
- Stock Traders Raise Fears Over Global Economic Slowdown, Uncertainty Over Trade Talks
- Oil Price Fundamental Daily Forecast – Next Move Hinges on Continuation of US-China Trade Negotiations
- DAX Index Daily Price Forecast – DAX Index To Resume Bearish Action For Third Consecutive Day
- USD/JPY Fundamental Daily Forecast – BOJ Expected to Express Concerns Over Stubbornly Weak Inflation
- Commodities Daily Forecast – January 23, 2019