Powered by 2nd generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors, Intel® Select Solutions from DataON provide a faster time-to-value and reduced operational costs
ANAHEIM, Calif., Sept. 17, 2019 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- DataON, the industry-leading provider of hyper-converged infrastructure (HCI) and storage systems optimized for Microsoft Windows Server environments, has collaborated with Intel to offer a refreshed line of Intel Select Solutions, powered by 2nd generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors.
- Intel® Select Solutions for Microsoft Azure Stack HCI V2 are performance-optimized specifically for hyper-converged compute and storage. This solution improves performance by utilizing Intel® Optane™ DC Persistent Memory as cache storage for Storage Spaces Direct to accelerate the cache tier for storage at DDR4 speeds versus PCIe/SATA speeds.
- Intel® Select Solutions for Microsoft SQL Server V2 is a single-node, scale-up solution for both traditional and transactional environments and concurrent transactional and analytical workloads. Built on Windows Server 2019 and SQL Server 2019, the solution provides a unified solution for business operations (OLTP) and enterprise data warehousing (HTAP), with the ability to scale with expanding needs.
These solutions add to DataON's first generation of Intel® Select Solutions that accelerate the deployment of workload-optimized data center infrastructure, verified for performance on Intel® architecture.
Intel created Intel® Select Solutions to reduce the time required to evaluate, select, and purchase hardware for today's workloads and applications. They are vigorously benchmark-tested with today's high-priority workloads, helping businesses realize smooth deployments and optimal performance. By eliminating guesswork and ensuring predictability with pre-defined configurations, businesses can take advantage of new technologies faster.
The new Intel Select Solutions are powered by 2nd generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors. They represent a new class of Intel® Xeon® processors designed for demanding high-performance computing (HPC) and infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) workloads. The processor delivers up to 28 cores per CPU and 6 DDR4 memory channels per socket. In addition, they support Intel's breakthrough Intel® Optane™ DC persistent memory, delivering greater than 3TB per socket.
"DataON was an inaugural partner for Intel® Selection Solution for Windows Server Software-Defined Storage," said Howard Lo, vice president of sales and marketing, DataON. "Our customers have told us how Intel® Select Solutions have helped them use their end solutions more effectively and allow them to focus on their business and not their IT. Not only will the second generation of Intel Select Solutions provide greater performance, but also support the newest versions of Microsoft Azure Stack HCI and SQL Server."
"Data center architects face new and increasingly larger challenges due to the sheer volume of data and constant demand for new digital services," said Jake Smith, Director, Data Center Technologies Marketing at Intel. "Intel® Select Solutions, delivered through leaders like DataON, are designed to reduce the time-consuming research and testing process for architects, and accelerate their time-to-solution."
DATAON HYBRID CLOUD SOLUTIONS FOR AZURE STACK HCI
Microsoft Azure Stack HCI is the basis for Intel Select Solutions from DataON. It is an evolution of data center computing that blends Windows Server technologies with new Azure management service integration. It features the same Hyper-V based software-defined compute, storage, and networking as Azure Stack and shares similar testing and validation criteria. It follows engineering best practices to get customers up and running without lengthy design and build times.
DataON offers customized, turnkey solutions for Azure Stack HCI, from 4-node solutions for enterprise data centers to 2-node solutions for SMB, ROBO, edge, and IoT.
DataON solutions utilize Intel® technology, including:
- 2nd generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors – Offers higher performance, improved price/performance and enhanced security capabilities over previous generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors. Supports Intel's breakthrough Intel® Optane™ DC Persistent Memory
- Intel® SSDs – Provides low latency and high endurance, optimized to break through storage bottlenecks
- Intel® Optane™ DC Persistent Memory – Provides more usable memory, supports larger workloads, or helps consolidate multiple, existing workloads
DataON is a hybrid-cloud computing company focused on delivering Microsoft Azure Stack HCI, on-premises storage systems, intelligent edge appliances, and cloud-based Microsoft Azure Services. Our company is helping enterprises and customers who have made the "Microsoft choice" to modernize their IT with Microsoft applications, virtualizations, and data protection through a complete and turnkey experience.
With over 650 HCI clusters and 150PB of storage deployed, DataON enterprise-level solutions are designed to provide the highest level of performance, manageability, and security offered. DataON is a Microsoft Gold Partner, Microsoft Cloud Service Provider (CSP), and an Intel Platinum Partner.
For more information, go to http://www.dataonstorage.com or call +1 (714) 441-8820.
All trademarks, registered trademarks, service marks, brands and names mentioned herein are property of their respective owners.