SCOTTSDALE, AZ--(Marketwire - Nov 12, 2012) - The AAA Five-Diamond Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North announces the unveiling of the new Proof restaurant, marking the culmination of a more than $20 million, four-year enhancement effort. Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale is owned by Walton Street Capital, L.L.C., who, over the course of the past four years, has allocated significant capital investments to elevate the guest experience and improve the overall product at the Resort.
"The opening of Proof marks the continued evolution of our dining choices at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale, and underscores the Resort's dedication to remaining a leader in the Southwest in regard to product freshness, innovation and service," says Regional Vice President and General Manager Vince Parrotta. "Our expanded and upgraded facilities offer an array of dynamic options for group and leisure guests, while also welcoming our local neighbors to visit our vibrant Resort."
The Resort's earlier phases of enhancements were completed between 2008 and 2011. These included a complete meeting and function space expansion and refresh, an extensive pool makeover, full-scale renovation of the guest rooms and lobby, and addition of Talavera restaurant and Onyx Bar & Lounge.
"The transformation of the meeting and function space, coupled with the overall property enhancements, has raised the bar of luxury at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale and further established the property as the premier destination for events in the region," says local operating partner for Walton Street Capital, L.L.C., John Pappas of SCS Advisors, Inc. "Flexible indoor and outdoor space -- framed by the drama and beauty of the high desert and city below -- make the property suitable for corporate and social events of every caliber."
Pappas points to the colorful guest room enhancement for enlivening the Resort with the vibrant tones of the desert in bloom, adding elevated elegance to the experience and capturing the majesty visible from every casita guest room balcony or terrace. Adds Pappas, "There is a strong connection to the desert from every touch point throughout the property, and these enhancements underscore the importance and differentiating factor of the Resort's setting at the base of Pinnacle Peak in north Scottsdale."
New Proof Restaurant Concept
Located in the space formerly housing Crescent Moon restaurant, Proof welcomes guests to an energetic and bustling American "canteen," following a more than $2 million renovation.
- The Design & Décor: Dallas-based Paul Duesing Partners was brought on board to carry out the inventive vision of the Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale team. The décor of the restaurant draws upon the area's rich history as a stagecoach hitching post and the frontier spirit of the Wild West, with communal tables on railroad track running perpendicular through the dining room. Guests can take in the outdoors from every angle with windows that open to views of Pinnacle Peak and extensive patio dining, providing unique indoor and outdoor dining options. Televisions, games and a bustling bar bring buzzing energy in a relaxed atmosphere to the restaurant on a nightly basis.
- The Menu: Executive Sous Chef Jesse Hansen and his innovative culinary team have drawn upon classic American favorites to build the menu for morning, noon and night. Guests can expect menu items such as fried green tomatoes, shrimp po'boys, and chicken and waffles with bacon and bourbon syrup. An old fashioned soda fountain serves up nostalgic milkshakes, malts and floats, or guests can order a hand-sliced sandwich or charcuterie board at the counter.
- For Families: Children will delight in the special touches throughout. A seasonal selection of nostalgic candies is available for purchase, and might include caramels, peppermint sticks, fudge, salt water taffy and flavored popcorn. Special "TV dinner" menus for kids combine classic favorites with melamine dinner ware, and children can order up custom milkshakes, malts and floats from the old fashioned soda fountain.
- For Adults: The restaurant highlights small batch and craft distilled American spirits, with an emphasis on bourbon and whiskey, as well as wines from across the United States. More than 50 microbrews are available, with six beers on draft, while a wine selection of more than 50 bottles includes four wines on tap, served in chemist beakers.
- Music & Entertainment: The music mix and TV programming in Proof changes from sunrise to sunset. Music selections include bluegrass, country and light jazz on the airwaves. Tune in as the sun goes down with high-energy professional and collegiate sports on the screens, and American rock, jazz and funk in the background. Local live music is available on select nights.
Proof is open daily for breakfast, lunch, dinner and bar service, with continuous hours of operation from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. Brunch is available Saturday and Sunday, from 7 to 11:30 a.m.
Meetings & Events Updates
The banquet space at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale underwent a $500,000 update in late fall 2011, with the assistance of the design team of Paul Duesing Partners. All meeting rooms received new carpeting and lighting fixtures, sound system upgrades and detailing throughout.
Ideal for groups of all sizes, Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale continues to be an innovation leader in regard to meetings and events, offering more than 36,000 square feet of diverse indoor and outdoor space. Groups planning a program at the Resort will find banquet options mirroring cutting-edge independent restaurant menus, and fit for every preference -- from "bag o' donuts" coffee breaks to farmers' market lunches featuring all local produce and meats, and gourmet slider bars and grilled cheese stations for late-night receptions and events.
Spacious function lawns provide dramatic settings for weddings and social catering events to remember, while the Ironwood and Pinnacle Ballrooms provide flexible interior options for gatherings of all sizes.
Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale completed a nearly $1 million pool enhancement effort in 2010. The project created a new sense of "arrival" to the pool complex with a bridge over the natural desert wash. Project highlights included new coping, plaster, expanded decking and paving, as well as enhanced landscaping elements. An elevated chaise lounge area with lush grass was added to provide additional seating, while many of the existing walls were removed or transformed with transparent metal mesh to expose dramatic, sweeping views of the Valley below. Also included in the project were two VIP "super" cabanas, outfitted with such appointments as flat screen televisions, mini fridges, iPod docking stations, ceiling fans and dedicated service from a designated staff member when occupied. These cabanas can be rented for a fee for day use.
Poolside guests enjoy an innovative menu of Southwest-inspired "spa" fare at Saguaro Blossom grille. Menu highlights include starters such as Chilled Mexican Prawns and Snow Crab Claws, signature salads such as the Seafood Cobb, a variety of sandwiches and specialty "Bento" box lunches. Beverage choices include margaritas made "chaise side" with fresh fruit, tequila cocktails and specialty poolside drinks such as the Arizona Mai Tai, served in a frozen pineapple. As part of the enhanced culinary program, complimentary hourly amenities are served to guests lounging poolside, such as chilled fruit kebabs, smoothies and cooling mint-scented towels.
Enhanced Guest Rooms, Suites & Public Spaces
The approximately $17 million project, completed in 2008, enhanced the Resort's 210 guest rooms and suites, the lobby, and introduced Talavera contemporary American steakhouse and Onyx Bar & Lounge. The project was undertaken by the interior design team of Paul Duesing Partners.
- Casita Guest Rooms: The color palette of the casita guest rooms was designed to evoke the vibrant, lively tones of the Sonoran Desert in full bloom, and also the purples, pinks and oranges of the Sonoran sunset. All guest rooms and suites received a state-of-the-art technological enhancement.
- Suites: The Resort's 22 suites received additional enhancements, with furnishings marrying the traditions and craftsmanship of the Old World with the heritage and culture of the Southwest. All suites were enhanced with hardwood flooring, handpainted sinks from Mexico in the bathrooms, new décor and luxurious design accents throughout. Spacious patios of the suites received new furnishings and expanded seating options, complementing the outdoor private plunge pools. The garden showers of the suites were enhanced with new landscaping, and the latilla overhead was re-stained. The Resort's two-bedroom suites and Presidential suite underwent additional work, including honed stone flooring and new tile in the bathroom, upgraded outdoor furnishings and regal new color palettes and luxury accents.
- Talavera Restaurant: Talavera contemporary American steakhouse replaced the former Acacia dining room. A dramatic fire element framed by glass was introduced as the focal point of Talavera -- providing warmth and ambiance to both indoor and outdoor diners while showcasing elevated views of the Valley and Pinnacle Peak. The colors of the room showcase the beauty of the desert in bloom and create a hip, contemporary blending of styles to form a "desert chic" feel. A wine cellar and semi-private dining room also were added with Talavera, each offering seating for 10 and opportunities for intimate gatherings. Talavera continues to evolve with the lively "Feast" communal dining evening the last Tuesday of every month, a hot-ticket item for up to 10 guests in the semi-private dining room.
- Onyx Bar & Lounge: Onyx replaced the former Lobby Lounge, highlighted by an amber, back-lit onyx bar reminiscent of desert sandstone and evocative of the design of Frank Lloyd Wright. A signature mesquite bar top, crafted from a single native tree, was added to complete the experience. The lobby itself was transformed with enhancements to the concierge and guest reception desks, and the addition of comfortable central couches and tables to create a more residential feel as well as a space to congregate and socialize. Brightly colored accents, warm, inviting textures and a mélange of Southwest-inspired contemporary complete the space.
ABOUT FOUR SEASONS RESORT SCOTTSDALE AT TROON NORTH
Nestled in the cooling foothills of Pinnacle Peak, Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North offers a truly handcrafted luxury resort experience -- delivering impeccable, highly personalized, Five-Diamond service amid the rugged beauty of the lush Sonoran Desert. Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale features 210 luxurious casita guest rooms, including 22 suites; a 6,000-square-foot, lagoon-style pool; an acclaimed Spa and Fitness Center; priority privileges on two of Arizona's finest courses; championship tennis, distinctive, award-winning cuisine; and the complimentary Kids For All Seasons program for children. For more information on Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale, visit http://press.fourseasons.com/scottsdale.
ABOUT FOUR SEASONS HOTELS & RESORTS
Four Seasons is dedicated to perfecting the travel experience through continual innovation and the highest standards of hospitality. From elegant surroundings of the finest quality, to caring, highly personalised 24-hour service, Four Seasons embodies a true home away from home for those who know and appreciate the best. The deeply instilled Four Seasons culture is personified in its employees -- people who share a single focus and are inspired to offer great service. Founded in 1960, Four Seasons has followed a targeted course of expansion, opening hotels and residences in major city centres and desirable resort destinations around the world. Currently with 89 properties in 36 countries, and more than 50 projects under development, Four Seasons continues to lead the hospitality industry with innovative enhancements, making business travel easier and leisure travel more rewarding. For more information on Four Seasons, visit http://press.fourseasons.com.
ABOUT WALTON STREET CAPITAL, L.L.C.
Walton Street Capital, L.L.C. is a private equity real estate investment firm based in Chicago. Since its founding in 1994, affiliates of Walton Street Capital have received total equity commitments of $5.7 billion from public and corporate pension plans, foreign institutions, insurance companies and banks, endowments and foundations, trusts, and high net worth individuals. Affiliates of Walton Street Capital have invested and/or committed to invest approximately $5.5 billion of equity in over 200 separate transactions. For more information, please visit www.waltonst.com.
ABOUT SCS ADVISORS, INC.
A multi-discipline hotel investment firm, SCS Advisors, Inc., provides asset management, operations oversight, transactions, and development services to lodging investors. Formed in 1997 by executives of JMB Realty Corporation and Walton Street Capital, L.L.C., SCS Advisors, Inc., has represented ownership interests in 47 lodging properties, encompassing 19,000 rooms. They have current oversight and asset management of 21 luxury, upper upscale, resort and boutique properties, and comprising approximately 9,000 rooms. Since its founding, SCS has assumed direct responsibility for acquisition and capital projects investment in 21 properties, totaling $1.56 billion, and ground-up hotel development of three properties in excess of $200 million.