VANCOUVER, BC and MENLO PARK, CA--(Marketwired - Jun 26, 2013) - DelMar Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (
The Company's presentation is scheduled to begin at 10:00 a.m. EDT. A webcast of the company's presentation will be made available via the conference website.
DelMar Pharmaceuticals 2013 Highlights:
- June: Presented encouraging data from ongoing Phase I/II glioblastoma multiforme (GBM) clinical trial with VAL-083 at the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Annual Meeting
- April: Clinical data presentation at the American Association of Cancer Research (AACR) Annual Meeting
- March: Named to Rocket Builders' 2013 "Ready to Rocket" list
- March: Announced completion of $10.5 million oversubscribed offering
- February: Appointment John K. Bell, chairman of Onbelay Capital Inc., to board of directors
- January: Completed $5.4 million first closing and public listing transaction
- January: Received European orphan drug designation for VAL-083 for the treatment of glioma
For more information and registration, please visit the conference website: http://www.onemedplace.com/forum/
About DelMar Pharma
DelMar Pharmaceuticals was founded in 2010 to develop and commercialize proven cancer therapies in new orphan drug indications where patients are failing modern targeted or biologic treatments. The Company's lead asset, VAL-083, is currently undergoing clinical trials in the United States as a potential treatment for refractory glioblastoma multiforme (GBM), the most common and aggressive form of brain cancer. VAL-083 benefits from extensive clinical research sponsored by the US National Cancer Institute, and is currently approved for the treatment of chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML) and lung cancer in China. Published pre-clinical and clinical data suggest that VAL-083 may be active against a range of tumor types via a novel mechanism of action.
Safe Harbor Statement
Any statements contained in this press release that do not describe historical facts may constitute forward-looking statements as that term is defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Any forward-looking statements contained herein are based on current expectations, but are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties. The factors that could cause actual future results to differ materially from current expectations include, but are not limited to, risks and uncertainties relating to the Company's ability to develop, market and sell products based on its technology; the expected benefits and efficacy of the Company's products and technology; the availability of substantial additional funding for the Company to continue its operations and to conduct research and development, clinical studies and future product commercialization; and, the Company's business, research, product development, regulatory approval, marketing and distribution plans and strategies. These and other factors are identified and described in more detail in our filings with the SEC, including, our current reports on Form 8-K. We do not undertake to update these forward-looking statements made by us.