GATINEAU, QUEBEC--(Marketwired - Feb 27, 2017) -
- The Acting Chief Electoral Officer of Canada, Stéphane Perrault, has informed the leader of the Canadian Action Party that the party is deregistered effective Friday, March 31, 2017.
- The party is being deregistered for failing to comply with section 402 of the Canada Elections Act.
- The party may no longer issue tax receipts for contributions received after the effective date of its deregistration and is no longer entitled to any of the benefits of a registered party under the Act, including the use of broadcasting time.
- As a result of its deregistration, the party's registered electoral district association is also deregistered.
- A notice of the party's deregistration will be published in the Canada Gazette.
- An updated list of registered political parties is available on Elections Canada's website.
Elections Canada is an independent body set up by Parliament.
Subscribe to our news service at elections.ca.