Department of Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly said Sunday that it was worth fighting for border wall funding even if it risks a government shutdown.
"I certainly think a border wall is essential, as do almost everyone who lives on the border," Kelly told News' John Dickerson on Face the Nation. "So yes, I think its certainly worth hard negotiations over. We have tremendous threats, whether its drugs, people, potential terrorists coming up from the south."
Kelly also told CNN that Trump will insist on funding for the wall. “I think it goes without saying that the president has been pretty straightforward about his desire and the need for a border wall,” he said.
More from Fortune.com
- President Trump Defends Environmental Record on Earth Day
- Venezuela Took Time Off From Financial Collapse to Donate $500,000 to President Trump's Inauguration
- Why Bill Gates Is Counting on President Trump to Change His Mind on Foreign Aid
- White House Meeting on Paris Climate Deal Has Been Postponed
- President Trump Complains About Canada at Signing of 'Buy American' Executive Order