JENKINTOWN, PA / ACCESSWIRE / December 2, 2015 / Just like Santa has a holiday checklist, Goodway Group does too. The programmatic ad tech firm is delivering a handy checklist of what brands need to consider when deploying digital ads during the holiday season.
"Digital experiences represent 48 percent of the total time consumers spend with media. So it is imperative to develop a plan that focuses on how and where consumers are absorbing information," says Jay Friedman, chief operating officer of the Goodway Group. "It's important to capitalize on these consumer wants and needs, especially during the holiday season, to ring up the jingle."
With that in mind, Goodway Group offers five key checklist items for digital advertising:
1. Specialized keywords in pay-per-click (PPC). Holiday shoppers are now searching for items and categories that they don't normally search for during the rest of the year. Relying only on data from previous months to create a plan simply won't take into account the unique searches that happen this time of year.
2. Place a heavy focus on mobile. Larger retailers should place a heavy focus on mobile, as it is on par with desktop for reaching a desired target market segment. Have consideration for those who search their smartphone while in the very act of shopping!
3. Give enough lead time. Use specialized keywords in PPC for search traffic, and get advertising started with enough lead time in order maximize its potential. How much lead time? At least a week.
4. Start media now. Advertisers are sorely mistaken when they think that turning advertising on means more sales and turning it off means less sales. There is at least one week of lag time in behavioral effect from advertising.
5. Publishers should limit excessive use of ads. Publishers should not overload their site with too many ads or nonrelevant messaging. It will give short-term gain, but hurts in the long run because frustrated site visitors may turn to ad-blockers for relief.
About Goodway Group
Goodway Group is a leading managed-services programmatic partner to local, regional and Fortune 500 brand agencies. Bootstrapped and 100 percent privately owned since 1929, Goodway moved into the programmatic digital media space in 2006 to continue its rich history of tackling complex local and regional campaign executions with data science-driven targeting and support services to make achieving success easy for agency clients. Its proprietary algorithms pair with a technology-agnostic approach to enable agencies and marketers to achieve their ultimate goal - better results while remaining lean and nimble.
SOURCE: Goodway Group via Submit Press Release 123