Dillian Whyte has succeeded in a mission to clear his name after UK Anti-Doping (UKAD) dropped a doping charge against the British heavyweight.
Whyte beat Oscar Rivas on points in July but was later provisionally stripped of his WBC interim title and status as mandatory challenger to champion Deontay Wilder by the sanctioning body.
That came after it was reported the 31-year-old had tested positive for a banned substance before the bout, in a test administered by UKAD.
However, Whyte was later added to the undercard for Anthony Joshua's rematch with Andy Ruiz Jr in Saudi Arabia this week, facing Mariusz Wach.
Ahead of Saturday's fight, UKAD announced the charge against Whyte had been withdrawn and the Briton had been cleared of any wrongdoing.
Whyte wrote on Twitter: "For those who believed in me, I won't forget you. To those who didn't, I won't forgive you and I know who you are."
UKAD said a urine sample provided by Whyte on June 20 indicated the presence of two metabolites of a steroid, and the fighter "cooperated fully" with an investigation.
The anti-doping body added it would not normally reveal details of an investigation but the public reports of Whyte's charge meant it would do so on this occasion.
UKAD said the levels of the metabolites found in Whyte's sample were "extremely low".
Tests either side of the sample in question returned negative results, and UKAD was satisfied the June 20 sample "was not caused by any fault, negligence or wrongdoing on Mr Whyte's part".
It said: "Given the circumstances, [it] could not have affected the fight between Mr Whyte and Mr Rivas on July 20, 2019."
Whyte provided further evidence that led to the withdrawal of the charge, although he acknowledged in Friday's statement - released jointly by the fighter and the anti-doping agency - that UKAD "acted in accordance with the UK Anti-Doping rules by issuing the initial charge and in the conduct of its investigation".
The British Boxing Board of Control has been informed of the resolution, the statement said.