This article, Disney's Playmation makes us wish we were kids again (Tomorrow Daily 188), originally appeared on CNET.com.
We know Disney's new line of Playmation toys are designed for kids, but we want in on the action too. They look super fun to play with, and we think adults should be able to use their imaginations a little more often. We know the Iron Man repulsor accessory is probably a little too small for us, but there's a "Star Wars" pack coming out next year, and lightsabers are for everyone, no matter how old you get.
We're also checking out some fancy algorithms that help robots get back on their feet after being injured, and taking a look at one young entrepreneur's hope to greatly clean up our oceans in the next decade. It's all good stuff, and you're looking right at it.
Here are some links and notes for all the things on the show today:
- Disney announces Playmation lineup of interactive toys and we want to try them
- Researchers create an algorithm to give a robot a "childhood" and help it adjust to injury
- Young man's idea for a large buffer might help clean plastic out of Earth's oceans
- Mod Squad: MyoWare's excellent Wolverine claw (and a charitable bonus mission)
- User Feedback: Your #TDPothole feedback, and our Phonetographer of the Day
Of course, you can find us everywhere on social media. Like, follow and heart us as you desire!
Subscribe to Tomorrow Daily:
Also from CNET: