Dixie Chicks are set to release their first new album in 14 years.
Appearing on the podcast Spiritualgasm (via Taste of Country), Dixie Chicks singer Natalie Maines revealed that the forthcoming effort is titled Gaslighter and is comprised entirely of original material.
“Our last album was the most personal and autobiographical we’d ever been,” Maines explained, “and then this one is, like, 10 times that.” She said it was partially inspired by her recent divorce from actor Adrian Pasdar.
Dixie Chicks are currently mixing the album and plan to tour behind it.
In related news, Dixies Chicks recently collaborated with Taylor Swift on the song “Soon You’ll Get Better” from the latter’s latest album, Lover. Listen to the track below.
- Tekashi 6ix9ine is expected to enter witness protection
- xXx: Return of Xander Cage
- About 100 people storm Area 51 gate, two people arrested
- The Village People incite unlikely circle pit and wall of death at Riot Fest: Watch
- Miley Cyrus covers Pink Floyd's "Comfortably Numb": Watch