Actuant's Revenue and Income Fell in Fiscal 1Q16
Actuant Corporation and its peers
In this article, we’ll compare Actuant Corporation (ATU) to its peers and a few of its ETFs.
- The PBV (price-to-book value) ratios of Actuant Corporation (ATU), Parker-Hannifin Corporation (PH), Dover Corporation (DOV), Curtiss-Wright Corporation (CW), and ITT Corporation (ITT) are 2.0x, 2.7x, 2.6x, 2.4x, and 2.3x, respectively, as of December 17, 2015.
- The price-to-sales ratios of Actuant Corporation, Parker-Hannifin Corporation, Dover Corporation, Curtiss-Wright Corporation, and ITT Corporation are 1.1x, 1.1x, 1.3x, 1.4x, and 1.3x, respectively.
Thus, these peers have outperformed Actuant Corporation based on PBV and price-to-sales ratios.
ETFs that invest in Actuant Corporation
The SPDR S&P Small Cap 600 Value ETF (SLYV) invests 0.43% of its holdings in Actuant Corporation (ATU).
The iShares S&P Small-Cap 600 Value ETF (IJS) invests 0.43% of its holdings in Actuant (ATU). The ETF tracks an index of small cap US stocks. The index uses three factors to select value firms from the S&P 600.
The Vanguard S&P Small-Cap 600 Value ETF (VIOV) invests 0.41% of its holdings in ATU. The ETF is a market cap–weighted index of small cap US stocks. The index uses three factors to select value stocks from the 600 stocks chosen by the S&P Committee.
Comparing Actuant Corporation and its ETFs
Now let’s compare Actuant Corporation (ATU) and the above ETFs:
- The YTD (year-to-date) price movements of ATU, SLYV, IJS, and VIOV are -15.7%, -5.6%, -6.0%, and -7.1%, respectively.
- The PE (price-to-earnings) ratios of ATU, SLYV, IJS, and VIOV are 73.9x, 40.0x, 40.0x, and 40.0x, respectively.
- The PBV ratios of ATU, SLYV, IJS, and VIOV are 2.0x, 1.6x, 1.6x, and 1.6x, respectively.
According to the above findings, these ETFs are ahead of Actuant Corporation based on price movement. However, Actuant Corporation has outperformed these ETFs based on PE and PBV ratios.
Browse this series on Market Realist: