To get you prepared for the 2017 Benzinga Global Fintech Awards, Benzinga will profile the daily schedules of select fintech leaders whose companies have applied. For this installment, we spoke with SAF Platform CEO Rafay Farooqui.
SAF Platform is an alternative investments platform that automates the investment process for institutional investors and asset managers. Prior to founding the company, Farooqui was a managing director at UBS Group AG (USA) (NYSE: UBS) and an executive director at Goldman Sachs Group Inc (NYSE: GS).
BZ: What’s a day in the life of a fintech CEO like?
SAF Platform CEO Rafay Farooqui:
Click here to see how other fintech leaders spend their day.
- 6 a.m. — First stop is the gym for a quick weights session followed by cardio on the elliptical.
- 7:30 a.m. — I enjoy a morning coffee at home with my wife and 4-year-old daughter.
- 8:30 a.m. — I grab my second coffee at my local coffee shop and review my priority actions items for the day and week.
- 9 a.m. — Game time. I focus on team needs, quick sync meetings, strategy overview, updates and communication with clients.
- 10 a.m. — Meetings, clients or execution items.
- 10 a.m.– 4 p.m. —This time frame is like my 10 a.m. block, however, around 1 p.m. I grab a quick deli sandwich downstairs for lunch, then take a daily walk around the block for 15 minutes. I avoid dinners and lunches for meetings, unless doing so is related to scheduling conflicts or would be deemed specifically rude to the person I'm meeting. Breakfast is the only meeting time that involves food, and I prefer a NYC diner to the Regency Hotel, but I'll do both. Those start at 7:45–8 a.m. ideally.
Related Link: A Day In The Life Of A Fintech Executive: Acorns Chief Commercial Officer Manning Field
BZ: What is your morning routine?
I start off at the gym in my building and then family time, then head to the office or meetings by 8:30–9 a.m.
BZ: When do you first check email?
Between 5:30–6 a.m. for 30 minutes then again iteratively throughout the day. My phone is off and down at 8 p.m. every night.
BZ: How many meetings do you have a day?
Generally, I have five external meetings twice a week and one meeting or less on other days. Tuesdays are for the team.
BZ: What gets you excited about what you're doing?
Our team's combination of passion, capability, and accountability is the best I've seen in my career. I'm excited to see what we will do together.
BZ: What do you do to relax?
I enjoy Saturday walks with my daughter, working out and collecting historical finance and stock exchange-related art.
Learn more about SAF Platform here. Interested in a Benzinga CEO profile? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Want to get involved with the 2017 Benzinga Global Fintech Awards? Submit your company here.
See more from Benzinga
- 'He Made Me Want To Be Part Of Something Bigger Than Myself': Colleagues Remember Fintech Pioneer Neil DeSena
- How Can A Model Predict What A 'Drunken Psycho' Will Do?
- A Day In The Life Of A Fintech Executive: Acorns Chief Commercial Officer Manning Field
© 2017 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.