What Investors Need to Know about Cantel Medical in Fiscal 1Q16
Cantel Medical and its peers
In this article, we’ll compare Cantel Medical (CMN) against its peers.
- The PE (price-to-earnings) ratios of Cantel Medical (CMN), Danaher (DHR), Ecolab (ECL), and STERIS (STE) are 57.7x, 26.5x, 44.1x, and 39.3x, respectively, as of December 10, 2015.
- The PBV (price-to-book value) ratios of Cantel, Danaher, Ecolab, and STERIS are 6.8x, 2.8x, 5.1x, and 4.0x, respectively.
- The price-to-sales ratios of Cantel, Danaher, Ecolab, and STERIS are 4.9x, 3.2x, 2.5x, and 3.3x, respectively.
Cantel Medical has outperformed its peers based on PE, PBV, and price-to-sales ratios.
ETFs that invest in Cantel Medical
The PowerShares S&P SmallCap Health Care ETF (PSCH) invests 2.8% of its holdings in Cantel.
The PowerShares DWA SmallCap Momentum ETF (DWAS) also invests in Cantel, with 1.1% of its holdings in the company. This ETF tracks an index of 200 small-cap securities with the best relative strength indicators. These indicators are determined by Dorsey, Wright & Associates’ proprietary methodology.
Finally, the PowerShares DWA Healthcare Momentum ETF (PTH) invests 1.0% of its holdings in Cantel. The ETF tracks an index of US healthcare firms selected and weighted by price momentum.
Comparing Cantel Medical with its ETFs
Now let’s look at a comparison of Cantel Medical and the ETFs that invest in it.
- The year-to-date price movements of Cantel, PSCH, DWAS, and PTH are 53.6%, 18.2%, -1.7%, and 0.68%, respectively.
- The PE ratios of Cantel, PSCH, and DWAS are 57.7x, 47.9x, and 35.9x, respectively.
- The PBV ratios of Cantel, PSCH, DWAS, and PTH are 6.8x, 3.2x, 3.5x, and 6.7x, respectively.
Cantel Medical has outperformed its ETFs based on price movement, PE, and PBV.
Browse this series on Market Realist: