Good morning, AdLand. Here's what you need to know today:
Last year, Taco Bell introduced the insanely well-received Doritos Locos Tacos. It now looks like cross-promotion is a two-way street because Doritos just announced that it is making a "Taco Bell" flavor bag of chips, which will have two kinds of chips: one nacho cheese flavor and another that captures the taste of the taco. "We're looking to create the same magic with the introduction of the chip version of the same flavor experience," said Frito-Lay spokesman Chris Kuechenmeister.
Hershey is increasing its ad spending by 20 percent.
Kmart is looking for a new creative ad agency. Incumbent DraftFCB is expected to participate.
DDB Worldwide hired Chris Tussing as its global business director, overseeing the Reebok account. He previously managed AB InBev at McGarryBowen.
Facebook ad tech solutions provider Glow Digital Media just closed a $1.3 million seed round of financing. The UK-based company will now expand to the American market and open its headquarters in Los Angeles.
CP+B hired Hoj Jomehri to work in its LA office as a creative director. Jomehri joins the shop from TBWA/Chiat/Day.
Previously on Business Insider Advertising:
- Here Are All Of The Ads You'll See On Super Bowl Sunday
- Court Rules To Unseal Documents In Dunkin' Donuts Kickback Case
- How Visa Psychically Predicted That The 49ers And Ravens Were Super Bowl-Bound In May
- Watch Budweiser's Clydesdale Super Bowl Ad Starring A 7-Day-Old Foal
- BRUTAL: 50% Decline In TV Viewership Shows Why Your Cable Bill Is So High
- Dakota Fanning Laughs Off Marc Jacobs Ad That Was Banned For Being Too Sexy
- Watch The Teaser For Samsung's Super Bowl Ad Starring Paul Rudd And Seth Rogen
More From Business Insider