Congratulations to Dorsey’s Seattle office on being listed as one of Washington’s Most Equitable Workplaces by Puget Sound Business Journal.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20191115005483/en/
Fourteen Seattle-area companies made the Business Journal's most equitable workplaces list, a first time ranking published in the November 15 edition of the Puget Sound Business Journal. Dorsey was ranked eighth and the only law firm on the list.
Gender Equity Now (GEN), a Seattle-based organization that collaborated with the Business Journal to create the list, surveyed businesses this summer. The companies were ranked by an index score based on GEN's assessment of the employee experience survey and a process review. The measurement system is comprised of five metrics:
- Bias Neutrality Score (BNS): Does this organization embrace the processes and mechanics proven to diminish the impact of unconscious bias?
- Employee Resonance Score (ERS): Does the organization offer the programs and policies proven to increase job satisfaction and engagement for employees of all backgrounds?
- Accessibility Score (AS): Are all employees equally aware of, familiar with, and comfortable accessing opportunities offered by their employer?
- Experience Perception Gap (EPG): This metric measures the difference between different populations’ lived experiences in their workplace. For example, do equal percentages of women and men, or white employees and employees of color, report being asked about their career goals in the last 12 months?
- Visible Advocacy Score (VAS): The VAS evaluates how intentionally visible and transparent the organization is in communicating their commitment to gender equity, including their strategy, both internally and externally.
“We are honored to be recognized by Puget Sound Business Journal as one of the most equitable workplaces,” said Jennifer Spaith, Dorsey Partner and office head of the firm’s Seattle office. “We value and will continue to promote an inclusive and diverse work environment at Dorsey because we believe this makes Dorsey a better place to work and that our clients benefit from the increased efficiency, higher morale and greater productivity of our client teams.”
Dorsey has received multiple recognitions for being an employer that is supportive of diversity and inclusion and has been named a Best Law Firm for Women by Working Mother magazine, a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality, and has received Mansfield Rule Certification Plus and the Gold Standard Certification from the Women in Law Empowerment Forum.
About Dorsey & Whitney LLP
Clients have relied on Dorsey since 1912 as a valued business partner. With locations across the United States and in Canada, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region, Dorsey provides an integrated, proactive approach to its clients' legal and business needs. Dorsey represents a number of the world's most successful companies from a wide range of industries, including leaders in banking & financial institutions, development & infrastructure, energy & natural resources, food, beverage & agribusiness, healthcare and technology, as well as major non-profit and government entities.