MIDLAND, Mich.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
The Dow Chemical Company has joined the Catalyst CEO Champions For Change – a transformational diversity and inclusion initiative launched by Catalyst, a global thought leader and partner in accelerating the progress of women at work for more than 50 years.
“At Dow we’re honored to be a Catalyst CEO Champions of Change Company. As we build and evolve for the future we must reflect the world we compete in today and will compete in tomorrow,” said Jim Fitterling, chief executive officer-elect for Dow and chief operating officer, DowDuPont Materials Science Division. “It is critical we create an inclusive and diverse environment where all people can bring 100 percent of themselves to work all the time.”
“Our workforce must reflect the diversity of our customers and our communities but diversity alone is not enough,” said Andrew N. Liveris, chairman and CEO of Dow and director and former executive chairman, DowDuPont. “We must drive a culture where fresh ideas are considered a competitive advantage, not a risk to one’s career and build an environment where every employee has the ability to bring their true selves to work.”
Dow joins more than 50 other leading global companies that are committing to drive change, specifically pledging to:
- Accelerate progress in the representation of women, including women of color, in executive/senior level positions over five years;
- Maintain (where strong) or accelerate the representation of women, including women of color, on the Company’s Board of Directors (or equivalent) over five years;
- Strengthen the talent pipeline of women through an annual review of internal diagnostics and leverage leading practices to address any identified issues;
- Benchmark and track inclusion and improve the culture of inclusion within the organization; and
- Share key representation metrics with Catalyst for benchmarking and for anonymized reporting of Catalyst’s collective aggregate progress.
Read the full Catalyst CEO Champions For Change pledge and find out more about joining the movement at www.catalyst.org/Champions.
Catalyst is a global nonprofit working with some of the world’s most powerful CEOs and leading companies to help build workplaces that work for women. Founded in 1962, Catalyst drives change with pioneering research, practical tools, and proven solutions to accelerate and advance women into leadership—because progress for women is progress for everyone.
The Dow Chemical Company (Dow) combines science and technology knowledge to develop premier materials science solutions that are essential to human progress. Dow has one of the strongest and broadest toolkits in the industry, with robust technology, asset integration, scale and competitive capabilities that enable it to address complex global issues. Dow’s market-driven, industry-leading portfolio of advanced materials, industrial intermediates, and plastics businesses deliver a broad range of differentiated technology-based products and solutions for customers in high-growth markets such as packaging, infrastructure, and consumer care. Dow is a subsidiary of DowDuPont (DWDP), a holding company comprised of Dow and DuPont with the intent to form three strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty sectors. More information can be found at www.dow.com.