SUNNYVALE, CA--(Marketwire - Jan 8, 2013) - Juniper Networks (
Established in 1997, DQE Communications is a subsidiary of Pittsburgh-based Duquesne Light Holdings. With its established reach and heritage in deploying highly reliable infrastructures, DQE Communications enables its customers to transmit large volumes of mission-critical data to significantly improve operational efficiency and reduce cost.
- The Juniper Networks ACX Series of next-generation access routers addresses DQE Communications' growing bandwidth requirements with up to 60 Gbps, up to three times the performance of competitive solutions. This creates an end-to-end service delivery platform that can quickly adapt to fluctuating subscriber requirements and traffic demands.
- Using the ACX Series MPLS Traffic Engineering capabilities to improve throughput and reduce delay across its distributed sites, DQE Communications created a significantly more agile and powerful infrastructure. New capabilities and services include expanded service level agreement support options, the opportunity to create new revenue generating services for customers, and the ability to immediately augment network characteristics to unique customer requirements.
- Given extreme space constraints at remote terminals and inclement weather patterns in Pittsburgh, the environmentally hardened ACX router with passive cooling aspects delivers DQE Communications customers a resilient secure routing infrastructure solution that frees network operators from constant monitoring and costly maintenance.
- To tune its network for maximum efficiency and for easy integration into its existing Operational Support System (OSS), DQE selected the Junos® Space API. The seamless integration improves business operations with simple end-to-end service provisioning, network traffic management and programmable reporting for its customers.
- "The ability to immediately respond to network changes is paramount in our business. We selected the Juniper Networks ACX2000 because it expedites subscriber provisioning, simplifies traffic management and provides us with granular programmability needed to finely tune our network for evolving and immediate mobile subscriber needs."
- Nathan Embery, director, IP Services, DQE Communications
- "The Juniper Networks ACX router exceeds our exponentially growing bandwidth requirements; the environmentally hardened device is engineered to easily handle the sub-zero weather in Western Pennsylvania without flaw. The unique combination of rugged construction and high-performance service delivery in the ACX2000 essentially allows us to 'set it and forget it,' reducing installation cost, additional personnel and time."
- James Scanlon, director, Construction, DQE Communications
- "There are more than one billion active mobile broadband subscribers worldwide with always-on access resulting in significant data congestion from the network edge to the core. With this in mind, Juniper has prioritized investments in innovations to make massive leaps in scaling service delivery and improving operator profitability. The ACX Series Universal Access Router dramatically improves service reliability and enables higher revenue possibilities for the customer while minimizing operating costs."
- Mike Marcellin, senior vice president, strategy and marketing, Platform and Systems Division, Juniper Networks
- Relevant Juniper Website: www.juniper.net/edge
- Juniper.Net Community: www.juniper.net/community
- Juniper on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Junipernetworks
- Juniper on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JuniperNetworks
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks is in the business of network innovation. From devices to data centers, from consumers to cloud providers, Juniper Networks delivers the software, silicon and systems that transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter and Facebook.
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logos are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.