The second quarter earnings season is well on its way and this week will be jam packed with yet another round of reports. Last week, aluminum giant Alcoa (AA) reported a $119 million second quarter loss due to weak aluminum prices, putting the bellwether’s EPS at a mere 7 cents per share, but still slightly higher than Wall Street estimates. On Friday, JPMorgan (JPM) reported second quarter earnings rising 31%, while Wells Fargo & Co. (WFC) net income surged 19% [see 25 Wild ETF Charts From 1H 2013].
Below, we highlight the earnings lineup for the week ahead:
A Big Week For Big Banks
- Charles Schwab (SCHW): On Tuesday, this investment bank is expected to post earnings at $0.19 per share and quarterly revenues at $1.3 billion.
- Goldman Sachs Group (GS): This bellwether is expected to report an EPS of $2.82, down from the previous quarter’s $4.29 reading. Revenues are also forecasted to come in lower at $8.0 billion.
- U.S. Bancorp (USB): EPS for this regional bank is estimated to rise to $0.76 from the previous $0.73 EPS recording. The company reports on Wednesday.
- The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. (PNC): Another regional bank, PNC is expected to post earnings at $1.62 per share and revenues at $3.9 billion on Wednesday.
- Bank of America Corp (BAC): EPS estimates for this bellwether are around $0.26, slightly higher than the previous two quarters’ $0.21 reading. Revenues are expected to dip slightly to $22.8 billion [see Financials Free ETFdb Portfolio].
- American Express Co (AXP): On Wednesday, this credit card giant is expected to post earnings at $1.22 per share and revenues at $8.3 billion.
- Morgan Stanley (MS): This investment bank will report on Thursday; estimates for EPS are around $0.45 while revenues are expected to fall slightly to $7.9 billion.
- BB&T Corp. (BBT) : This regional bank is expected to report EPS at $0.74 and revenues at $2.5 billion.
Tech Reports On Tap
- Yahoo! (YHOO): On Tuesday, this California-based tech giant is expected to post earnings at $0.30 per share and revenues at $1.1 billion.
- International Business Machines Corp (IBM): EPS estimates for this chip maker are around $3.80, up from the previous quarter’s $3.00 reading.
- Intel Corp (INTC): This popular semiconductor provider is expected to report earnings at $0.40 per share and revenues at $12.9 billion.
- eBay, Inc (EBAY): On Wednesday, this internet retailer is slated to report EPS at $0.63 and an uptick in revenues to $3.9 billion [see also Select Sector SPDR ETFs Head-To-Head].
- Verizon Communications (VZ): EPS estimates for this telecom stock are around $0.73, while revenues are expected to rise slightly to $29.8 billion.
- Microsoft (MSFT): On Thursday, this PC maker is expected to report a rise in earnings to $0.73 per share and revenues at $20.8 billion.
- Google, Inc (GOOG): This internet giant is slated to report earnings on Thursday; analysts expect EPS to come in at $10.79, lower than the previous quarter’s $11.58 reading, and revenues at $14.5 billion.
Healthcare Stocks To Post Earnings
Several health & biotech companies will also be reporting:
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ): This mega-conglomerate is slated to report earnings this Tuesday. EPS is expected to come in at $1.39 and revenues at $17.7 billion.
- Abbott Laboratories (ABT): On Wednesday, this pharma company is expected to report earnings at $0.44 per share and revenues at $5.5 billion.
- UnitedHealth Group, Inc (UNH): EPS estimates for this healthcare provider are around $1.25 [see The Cheapest ETF For Every Investment Objective].
- Stryker Corporation (SYK): This medical equiptment maker is expected to report earnings at $1.03 per share and revenues at $2.2 billion.
Consumer, Energy & Industrials Report
- The Coca-Cola Co. (KO): This beverage behemoth is slated to report earnings on Tuesday; analysts expect EPS to come in significantly higher at $0.63, compared to the previous quarter’s $0.46 reading, and revenues at $13.0 billion.
- Philip Morris (PM): On Thursday, this tobacco manufacturer is expected to report earnings at $1.42 per share and revenues at $8.2 billion [see 10 Questions About ETFs You've Been Too Afraid To Ask].
- Schlumberger (SLB): EPS estimates for his oil equipment provider are around $1.10, while revenues are expected to come in at $11.1 billion.
- Honeywell International (HON): This diversified industrial giant is expected to report earnings at $1.21 per share and revenues at $9.7 billion.
- General Electric (GE): On Friday, this utilities company is expected to post EPS at $0.36 and revenues at $35.7 billion.
Follow me on Twitter @DPylypczak.
[For more ETF analysis, make sure to sign up for our free ETF newsletter]
Disclosure: No positions at time of writing.
- 3 Sector Rotation Strategies ETF Investors Must Know
- 12 Cheap ETFs Every Trader Must Know
- The Most Tradable Stock In Each Sector SPDR ETF
- Which Sector ETFs Are Cheap?
- AdvisorShares Rolls Out SectorSAM ETF (SSAM)