PORTLAND, Ore.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
Delta Small Batch Rye Whiskey Receives Exclusive Double Gold Medal
Eastside Distilling, Inc. (EAST), makers of craft spirits, today announced that its Delta Small Batch Rye Whiskey garnered the exclusive Double Gold Medal at the 2019 San Francisco World Spirits Competition (“SFWSC”). Delta Small Batch Rye Whiskey was developed by Eastside’s subsidiary Big Bottom Distilling. This is the second year in a row for an Eastside rye whiskey to win Double Gold, besting well over 100 international entrants in the rye whiskey category.
In total, Eastside and Big Bottom Distilling were awarded 16 medals, including:
- Double Gold Medal for Big Bottom Distilling’s Delta Small Batch Rye Whiskey
- Gold Medal for Big Bottom Distilling’s London Dry Gin
- Gold Medal for Big Bottom Distilling’s Barrel Finished Gin
- Gold Medal for Big Bottom Distilling’s American Blended Whiskey Finished in Port Cask
- Gold Medal for Eastside’s Burnside Goose Hollow RSV Bourbon
- Silver Medal for Eastside’s Redneck Riviera Whiskey
- Silver Medal for Eastside’s Portland Marionberry Vodka
- Silver Medal for Eastside’s Hue-Hue Coffee Rum
- Silver Medal for Eastside’s Burnside West End Blend Whiskey
- Silver Medal for Eastside’s Burnside Oregon Oaked Bourbon
- Silver Medal for Eastside’s Burnside Oregon Oaked Rye Whiskey
- Silver Medal for Eastside’s Burnside Buckman RSV 10 Year Aged Bourbon
- Silver Medal for Big Bottom Distilling American Single Malt Whiskey
- Bronze Medal for Eastside’s Oregon Marionberry Whiskey
- Bronze Medal for Eastside’s Portland Potato Vodka
- Bronze Medal for Big Bottom Distilling’s The Ninety One Gin
The San Francisco World Spirits Competition (SFWSC) is one of the most influential international competitions. Over the nearly two decades of its existence, the SFWSC has become one of the world’s most respected spirits competitions due in large part to the very high esteem accorded to the SFWSC’s judging panel. Each expert judge has their own distinct professional qualifications, and each has a trusted palate. All judges are seasoned experts and thousands of entrants from all over the world compete annually in the hopes of winning an SFWSC medal.
Travis Schoney, Master Distiller for Big Bottom Distilling, commented, “The San Francisco World Spirits Competition is one of the most prestigious spirits competitions in the world. The Double Gold medal award for our Delta Small Batch Rye Whiskey is truly an honor. The team at Eastside Distilling and Big Bottom are dedicated to creating the highest-quality products possible, whether it be for the novice consumer trying rye for the first time, or for those with the most discerning taste buds.”
About Eastside Distilling
Eastside Distilling, Inc. (EAST) has been producing high-quality, award-winning craft spirits in Portland, Oregon since 2008. The company is distinguished by its highly decorated product lineup that includes Redneck Riviera Whiskey, Burnside Bourbon, West End American Whiskey, Goose Hollow Reserve, Below Deck Rums, Portland Potato Vodka, Hue-Hue Coffee Rum and a distinctive line of fruit infused spirits. Eastside Distilling is majority owner of Big Bottom Distilling (makers of The Ninety One Gin, Navy Strength Gin and Delta Rye whiskey) and the Redneck Riviera Whiskey Co. All Eastside, Big Bottom and Redneck Riviera spirits are crafted from natural ingredients for quality and taste. Eastside’s Craft Bottling + Canning subsidiary is one of the Northwest’s leading independent spirit bottlers and ready-to-drink canners. For more information visit: www.eastsidedistilling.com or follow the company on Twitter and Facebook.
Important Cautions Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
Certain matters discussed in this press release may be forward-looking statements. Such matters involve risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results to differ materially, including the following: changes in economic conditions; general competitive factors; acceptance of the Company's products in the market; the Company's success in obtaining new customers; the Company's success in product development; the Company's ability to execute its business model and strategic plans; the Company's success in integrating acquired entities and assets, and all the risks and related information described from time to time in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"), including the financial statements and related information contained in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K and interim Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q. Examples of forward-looking statements in this release may include statements related to our strategic focus, product verticals, anticipated revenue, and profitability. The Company assumes no obligation to update the cautionary information in this release.