GONZALES, LA--(Marketwired - Jul 7, 2016) - EATEL officially announced today the completion of the 100% fiber optic network connectivity reaching the Houma and Thibodaux markets. The new fiber network is an extension of EATEL Business, bringing faster, more reliable voice, video and data services -- with up to 10 times greater data speed compared to local competitors.
Fiber optic networks offer more bandwidth compared to copper cabling, and are one of the most popular mediums used to upgrade backbone connectivity and improve desktop application performance. EATEL has been aggressively deploying fiber optics in Baton Rouge, Gonzales, Lafourche Parish and has now added Houma and Thibodaux to its upgraded service areas.
Businesses in the Houma and Thibodaux area are now offered EATEL's new, all-fiber network, the perfect connectivity option to bring local organizations the following services:
- Data - High-speed Internet and Metro Ethernet services.
- Managed Hosting - Hardware, manpower, bandwidth, security -- all in EATEL's VenyuCloud and data centers.
- Managed Services - Managed patching, monitoring services 24/7/365 and all backups.
- TV & Media - Flexible TV services that match any business environment, including video advertising options.
- VenyuCloud Backup Services - Protect your Data from any unforeseen disasters.
- Voice - Feature-rich, scalable, large-business communications system at a small-business price.
"We are excited to bring our new fiber optic services to Houma and Thibodaux businesses," said Harris Miller, EATEL's Executive Vice President, Technology and Innovation. "EATEL's best-in-class service brings superior reliability, security and speed to enhance business communications."
EATEL was the first company in Louisiana to provide phone, Internet and TV over an all-fiber network that offers a broad array of integrated digital services, including its newest service, LightWave TV, which provides advanced features such as Multi-Room DVR, remote DVR scheduling, and more HD channels. Founded in 1935, EATEL is currently in its 80th year as a service provider and business leader in Ascension and Livingston Parishes.