One of the world's largest sneaker destinations salutes basketball's greatest with a series of 23 drops all under market price
Score rare grails, iconic memorabilia and new releases straight from the personal collections of NBA player P.J. Tucker, sneakerhead Jacques Slade, artist Kickstradomis and more
SAN JOSE, Calif., Feb. 15, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- eBay, one of the world's largest sneaker destinations, is releasing the ultimate All-Star Weekend Drop, announcing a series of 23 limited-time drops just in time for tip-off. Beginning today, shoppers can visit eBay's dedicated storefront eBay.com/AllStarDrop and get exclusive access to the most popular sneaker releases and rare and game-worn grails, alongside the most sought-after streetwear and basketball memorabilia. In addition to dropping the rarest and most exclusive sneakers out there, eBay's "23 drops" will offer limited quantities of the hottest sneakers with prices all under market value, starting on Saturday, February 16.
"eBay is tapping into the moment when basketball, pop culture and street style collide - creating an All Star Weekend Drop that brings together an unrivaled collection of inventory," said Renee Paradise, Senior Director of Fashion at eBay. "From the newly released Air Jordan 6 Infrareds and the rarest game worn Jordans, to the hottest Supreme collaborations and multiple styles of hard-to-cop Yeezys, eBay is the only place that can assemble this curated and coveted collection of apparel, footwear and memorabilia."
eBay's All-Star Line-up
The All-Star line-up features a collection of iconic styles and a comprehensive selection of hype and general releases. eBay has tapped key collectors in the sneaker community and influential tastemakers to sell the most sought-after styles. NBA player P.J. Tucker, sneakerhead Jacques Slade, artist Kickstradomis and stylist Aleali May are selling special pieces from their personal collections for charity. A portion of the proceeds will benefit Project Fit, an organization that creates new opportunities for kids to be active, fit and live a healthy lifestyle.
- P.J. Tucker: Nike Fear of Gods "Friends and Family," autographed Nike Basketball Hyperdunk "PE," signed P.J. Tucker #17 Houston Rockets "Official NBA game jersey," and an autographed NBA Basketball signed by the entire Houston Rockets team
- Jacques Slade: Jordan x Converse Pack, NIKE Air Jordan 5 Retro DB "DOERNBECHER," NIKE Air Jordan 3 Retro OG "Black Cement"
- Aleali May: 1-2 viotech Jordan, 102 Maya Moore, 2001 Air Jordan 1, 2006 Air Force 1 Low
- Kickstradomis: Kickstradomis Custom Wes Matthews Nun Game-Worn shoes, Kickstradomis Custom Size 10 Jason Hyperdunks, Kickstradomis Custom "Ricky Rubio" autographed shoes
Additionally, a range of rare kicks from LA-based Sole Stage and one-of-one pairs will also hit the marketplace courtesy of Jordy Geller of ShoeZeum fame and Brooklyn sneakerhead Chad Jones, otherwise known as Sneaker Galactus. Top items include one of the most iconic basketball sneakers of all time: ShoeZeum's six original Jordan 1's, including the iconic colorways of Chicago, Bred, and Royals; and a portion of Jones' $500K collection ranging from Player Exclusives from the likes of Chris Paul, Ray Allen and Dl to pairs that have never seen the court from LeBron James and Mike Bibby.
Today's drop will unlock the thrill of the sneaker and streetwear hunt with a curated collection that includes a never before-seen collection of Jordan 1's in one destination, the entire Louis Vuitton x Supreme collection and unbelievable sneaker deals, including:
- Coveted Grails (5am PT | Feb. 15-17): From friends and family to one-of-one pairs, highlights include every Air Jordan to OG 1985 colorways to NBA PEs and apparel only ever seen on court. Top styles are Air Jordan 1 Legends of the Summer, OVO Jordan 11 Snakeskins, Mike Bibby Jordan 9 Low PE, Zoom Lebron IV ASG Graffiti Player Exclusive, Kobe Vivo foundation Huarache 2K4 Cement away, C, Diana Tuarasi Lebron X Away.
- Top Brands (5am PT | Feb. 15-17): Shoppers can take an advantage of an extra 20 percent off adidas, Puma, Reebok, asics and New Balance sneakers all weekend.
- 23 Drops (10am PT | Feb. 16): Saluting NBA legend Michael Jordan's iconic jersey number, eBay will launch 23 of the most popular releases across Sneakers and Streetwear, all under market value, limited quantities available.
- Air Jordan Retro 6 - Infrared | $230
- Air Jordan Retro 4 - Laser Black Gum | $150
- Air Jordan Retro 11 - Platinum Tint | $170
- Air Jordan Retro 3 Tinker JTH - Bio Beige | $250
- adidas Yeezy 350v2 - Triple White | $225
- adidas Yeezy 350v2 - Sesame | $260
- adidas Yeezy Powerphase - Grey | $130
- Supreme x CDG Tee FW18 | $500
- Supreme x CDG Hoodie FW18 | $275
- Nike Off White Zoom Fly - Pink | $255
- Supreme Bouncy Ball FW18 | $10
- adidas Yeezy 350v2 - Blue Tint | $385
- adidas Yeezy 700 - Wave Runners | $385
- Supreme Dragon Work Jacket | $450
- Nike Off White Blazer Serena Williams | $825
- Nike Fear of God SA - Black | $450
- Nike Fear of God SA - Slate | $450
- Air Jordan Retro 11 - Concord | $270
- adidas Yeezy 350v2 - Beluga 2.0 | $450
- adidas Yeezy 500 - Salt | $285
- adidas Yeezy Powerphase - Black | $105
- Air Jordan Retro 10 Tinker - Blue | $130
- Air Jordan Retro 6 - Wheat | $145
Ahead of today's All-Star Drop debut, eBay celebrated All-Star weekend in Charlotte, North Carolina with HighSnobiety, revealing "The Vault." Transforming the McColl Center for Art + Innovation, "The Vault" pop-up brought this weekend's drop to life with a Jordan Retrospective, VIP appearances and more. Attendees received a sneak peek of eBay's inventory and received early access to pre-shop the drop.
For more information, visit eBay.com/AllStarDrop to shop or sell and join the conversation on social using the hashtag #eBayDrop.
eBay By the Numbers
- eBay has 179 million active buyers worldwide
- eBay has 1.2 billion listings
- 72% of items ship for free in U.S., UK and DE
- 80% of all merchandise sold on eBay are new
- 90% of items sold on eBay are Buy It Now – no bidding necessary
- 61% of the eBay platform involves a mobile touchpoint
- 447 million downloads of eBay Inc. apps across the globe
eBay Inc. (EBAY) is a global commerce leader including the Marketplace, StubHub and Classifieds platforms. Collectively, we connect millions of buyers and sellers around the world, empowering people and creating opportunity through Connected Commerce. Founded in 1995 in San Jose, Calif., eBay is one of the world's largest and most vibrant marketplaces for discovering great value and unique selection. In 2018, eBay enabled $95 billion of gross merchandise volume. For more information about the company and its global portfolio of online brands, visit www.ebayinc.com.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ebay-launches-exclusive-limited-edition-drop-in-celebration-of-all-star-weekend-2019-300796504.html