ROSEMEAD, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
Edison International has released its 2018 Sustainability Report reflecting its sustainability strategy and 2018 sustainability performance. The report shows how the company is leading the transformation of the electric power industry and operating its business with excellence by focusing on customers, communities and employees, with safety as its top value.
“We're creating a future where carbon-free resources power the economy,” said Pedro Pizarro, president and CEO of Edison International. “At the core of our vision is our commitment to sustainability and public safety, in particular, our response to the challenge of our time — climate change and its impacts, which include the devastating wildfires California has experienced.”
Edison International’s report highlights its partnership with the state of California to achieve climate change and air pollution goals while increasing resiliency. 2018 achievements include:
Mitigating Risk of Wildfires and Increasing Resiliency
- Replacing and hardening infrastructure by deploying fast-acting fuses and insulating wire
- Enhancing situational awareness by installing weather stations and high-definition cameras
- Expanding operational practices by enhancing and accelerating inspections of overhead power lines
Clean Energy and Electrification
- Delivering 46% carbon-free electricity to customers
- Continuing to build electric vehicle infrastructure, including installation of the 1,000th EV charge port as part of SCE’s award-winning Charge Ready program
- Supporting residential solar installations averaging 3,720 per month
Operational and Service Excellence
- Leveraging advanced digital capabilities to save more than 500,000 minutes of customer interruption by predicting early equipment failure
- Achieving a 20-minute reduction in average customer outage duration from repairs, a record low
- Keeping customer monthly bills 27% below the national average
Edison International received national recognition as a “best place to work” for diversity practices, disability equality and LGBT equality. In 2018, Edison International continued on its path toward achieving gender parity by 2030 through its Paradigm for Parity commitment by increasing the percentage of women in its executive ranks.
The company’s commitment to sustainability helps it deliver Energy for What’s Ahead to its customers, communities and employees. Read more in Edison’s 2018 Sustainability Report.
About Edison International
Edison International (EIX), through its subsidiaries, is a distributor and generator of electric power, as well as a provider of energy services and technologies, including renewable energy. Headquartered in Rosemead, Calif., Edison International is the parent company of Southern California Edison, one of the nation’s largest electric utilities.