WASHINGTON, DC--(Marketwired - Jul 3, 2013) - The Ritz-Carlton, Washington, D.C. and The Ritz-Carlton Georgetown, Washington, D.C. have partnered with the Sequoia Presidential yacht to provide hotel guests with two one-of-a-kind experiences, whether it's for their next corporate meeting or reception for up to 49 attendees or for an unforgettable personal experience, these packages are perfect for a special occasion.
Deemed a National Historic Landmark by US Congress, the 104-foot, 1925 Trumpy-designed yacht has served various US Presidents dating back to President Herbert Hoover's term in office. The iconic yacht, preserved in time and steeped in history, was the scene of some of America's most historic events, including where Franklin Roosevelt and Eisenhower planned D-day, where Truman decided to drop the bomb on Hiroshima, and where John F. Kennedy celebrated his last birthday.
Historic Sequoia Presidential Yacht Small Meetings Package
Valid now through November 2013
Price upon request
Unlike any other Washington, D.C. meeting space or banquet facility smaller groups have experienced, the unmatched unique environment of the Sequoia paired with the first class service of The Ritz-Carlton inspires individuality. Discover how The Ritz-Carlton's experienced event planners and professionally trained staff can create a distinctive, successful and memorable retreat for your next corporate gathering in a setting that inspired many of the United States' most powerful individuals. Meeting attendees will enjoy:
1. Luxurious group accommodations at The Ritz-Carlton, Washington, D.C. or The Ritz-Carlton Georgetown, Washington, D.C.
2. Meeting or evening off site reception or dinner on the Sequoia Presidential yacht. Strategize in the yacht's main salon where Roosevelt planned legislation to take the country out of the Depression, dine and entertain on the yacht's spacious top deck where Franklin Roosevelt and Winston Churchill socialized with their guests, or relax in the quaint aft salon where Presidents and their guests retreated to after dining.
3. Guided historical tour of the yacht. Discover the rich history of the yacht as well as the extensive collection of Presidential photographs and original memorabilia.
4. Each meeting attendee will receive a copy of Sequoia: Presidential Yacht autographed by Giles M. Kelly, author and former Captain of the USS Sequoia.
Historic Sequoia Presidential Yacht Special Occasions Package
Valid now through November 2013
Priced starting at $17,000 per night
Also available is the Historic Sequoia Presidential Yacht Special Occasions package for guests looking to experience a true Washington Insider's evening full of history, impeccable service and lasting memories. Perfect for celebrating a special occasion, this exclusive package promises hotel guests a one-of-a-kind experience that is sure to create memories that will last a lifetime. The luxury Washington hotels invite you to set sail on America's "floating White House," immerse yourself in history and discover the natural beauty of Washington while enjoying this once in a lifetime experience.
1. Luxury suite accommodations at The Ritz-Carlton, Washington, D.C. or The Ritz-Carlton Georgetown, Washington, D.C.
2. Limo/sedan transportation to and from the Sequoia yacht.
3. Private cruise on board the Sequoia.
4. Guided historical tour of the yacht. Discover the rich history of the yacht as well as the extensive collection of Presidential photographs and original memorabilia.
5. Aperitifs in the aft salon where JFK celebrated his last birthday, or on the upper deck where Jackie, John and Caroline experienced majestic Washington from the Potomac.
6. A selection of hors d'oeuvres and light fare prepared by The Ritz-Carlton in the Sequoia dining room. Dine at the original table where Truman played poker, FDR planned D-Day and LBJ lobbied for Civil Rights legislation. Enjoy cordials afterwards while a private pianist serenades you on the piano that Nixon played when he decided to resign from presidency.
7. Personal butler service from The Ritz-Carlton on board cruise.
8. A copy of Sequoia: Presidential Yacht autographed by Giles M. Kelly, author and former Captain of the USS Sequoia.
9. Full American breakfast for two in your suite or in the hotel's restaurant.
For more information or reservations for The Ritz-Carlton, Washington, D.C., please call the hotel directly at (202) 835-0500, a travel professional, or visit www.ritzcarlton.com/en/properties/washingtondc.
The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C. of Chevy Chase, Md., currently operates 81 hotels in the Americas, Europe, Asia, the Middle East, Africa, and the Caribbean. More than 30 hotel and residential projects are under development around the globe. The Ritz-Carlton is the only service company to have twice earned the prestigious Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award which recognizes outstanding customer service. For more information, or reservations, contact a travel professional, call toll free in the U.S. 1-800-241-3333, or visit the company website at www.ritzcarlton.com. The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marriott International, Inc. (