VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA and WASHINGTON, D.C.--(Marketwire - Feb 26, 2013) - Today, the Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada (APF Canada) and The National Bureau of Asian Research (NBR), in partnership with the Asian Development Bank, announced key speakers headlining the annual Pacific Energy Summit, which will take place on April 2-4 of this year in Vancouver, Canada.
This year''s Summit, "Forging Trans-Pacific Cooperation for a New Energy Era", will feature former Director of National Intelligence Admiral Dennis Blair, U.S. House of Representatives Ways & Means Committee Member Congressman Charles Boustany (R-LA), U.S. Under Secretary of State for Economic Growth, Energy, & the Environment Robert Hormats, Kevin Lynch of BMO Financial Group, and Canada''s Natural Resources Minister Joe Oliver.
The Summit aims to explore the potential for deepening energy ties between Asia and North America to meet Asia''s rising demand and address climate change.
WHO: 2013 Summit Featured Speakers
- Elyse ALLAN, President & CEO, GE Canada
- Dennis BLAIR, The National Bureau of Asian Research Board of Directors, United States
- Charles W. BOUSTANY, Jr., House of Representatives, United States
- Mikkal HERBERG, The National Bureau of Asian Research; University of California, San Diego, United States
- Robert D. HORMATS, Department of State, United States
- Peter HUGHES, Peter Hughes Energy Advisory Limited, United Kingdom
- Muhammad Enamul HUQ, Ministry of Power, Energy and Mineral Resources, Bangladesh
- Ken KOYAMA, Institute of Energy Economics, Japan, Japan
- Bindu N. LOHANI, Asian Development Bank, Philippines
- Kevin LYNCH, BMO Financial Group, Canada
- Tadashi MAEDA, Japan Bank for International Cooperation; Special Advisor to the Cabinet, Japan
- Joe OLIVER, Minister of Natural Resources, Canada
- WANG Zhen, China University of Petroleum at Beijing, China
- Yuen Pau WOO, Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada, Canada
- Satya YUDHA, Commission VII, House of Representatives, Indonesia
- Anthony YUEN, Citi Research, United States
|WHAT:||"Forging Trans-Pacific Cooperation for a New Energy Era"|
|WHEN:||April 2-4, 2013|
About the Pacific Energy Summit:
Building Economic and Environmental Security through Innovative Energy Solutions
The Pacific Energy Summit aims to foster economic and energy security in the Asia-Pacific by developing practical solutions to the twin challenges of rising energy demand and global climate change. The Summit convenes policymakers, industry leaders, and experts to articulate regional energy needs and to explore market and policy solutions for deepening North America-Asia energy ties and environmental cooperation.
2013 Summit discussion topics include:
- The Golden Age of Gas: How far can it take us?
- Finding the Right Price: LNG Markets and the Asian Premium
- The North American Policy Environment and the Impact on Asia
- Infrastructure: Building the Energy Framework of the Future
For more information, visit PacificEnergySummit.com.
For media inquiries, including registration information, see the contact information below.
About The National Bureau of Asia Research
NBR conducts advanced independent research on strategic, political, economic, globalization, health, and energy issues affecting U.S. relations with Asia. Drawing upon an extensive network of the world''s leading specialists and leveraging the latest technology, NBR bridges the academic, business, and policy arenas.
About the Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada
The Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada is an independent think tank on Canada''s relations with Asia. As a national not-for-profit organization established by an Act of the Federal Parliament in 1984, the Foundation brings together people and knowledge to provide current and comprehensive research, analysis and information on Canada''s transpacific relations.