REDWOOD CITY, CA--(Marketwire - Feb 26, 2013) - Equilar, the leader in executive compensation benchmarking and research, has opened registration for the 2013 Executive Compensation Summit, the nation's largest gathering of executive compensation and corporate governance professionals. To be held at the Marriott Copley Place in Boston from June 12 - 14, 2013, this annual event provides a forum for diverse viewpoints on topics such as Say on Pay, shareholder engagement, and pay for performance.
Further, Equilar today announced the addition of Congressman Barney Frank as the Summit's opening keynote speaker. Representative Frank is the co-sponsor of several pieces of transformative legislation, including the landmark Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act, a sweeping reform of the U.S. financial industry in the wake of the 2008 economic crisis. Representative Frank will provide an insider's perspective on the negotiation of key aspects of the bill, as well as the expected and unexpected outcomes of the legislation three years later.
"Although we are seeing steady progress in how new rules are being implemented, there is still a critical need for specifics on key parts of the legislation," said Representative Barney Frank, who retired from Congress in January after 32 years of service. "Equilar has put together an impactful agenda to discuss pressing issues in executive compensation and corporate governance. I look forward to in-depth dialogue with experts in the field to continue this critical discussion."
The three-day event will feature a lineup of expert speakers, including:
- Irv Becker, National Practice Leader, Hay Group
- Peter Browning, Founder and Managing Director, Peter Browning Partners, LLC
- Steven Cross, Managing Director, Frederic W. Cook & Co.
- Abe Friedman, Managing Partner and Founder, CamberView Partners
- Doug Friske, Managing Director, Towers Watson
- Blair Jones, Managing Principal, Semler Brossy Consulting Group
- Michael J. Halloran, Senior Partner, Mercer
- Ken Hugessen, Founding Partner, Hugessen Consulting
- Ira Kay, Managing Partner, Pay Governance
- TK Kerstetter, Chairman, Corporate Board Member
- Joann Lublin, Management News Editor, The Wall Street Journal
- Rose Marie Orens, Senior Partner, Compensation Advisory Partners
- George Paulin, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Frederic W. Cook & Co.
- Katherine Rabin, CEO, Glass Lewis & Co.
- Gary Retelny, President, Institutional Shareholder Services
- F. Daniel Siciliano, Professor and Faculty Director, Arthur and Toni Rembe Rock Center for Corporate Governance Stanford Law School
- Laurie Siegel, Director, CenturyLink
- David Swinford, President and CEO, Pearl Meyer & Partners
- Charles Tharp, CEO, Center on Executive Compensation
- Brit Wittman, Director, Intel Corporation
"We're honored to present a diverse group of distinguished speakers at our 2013 Equilar Summit," said David Chun, CEO and Founder of Equilar. "With the top minds in the fields of compensation and governance, we're looking forward to a healthy dialogue around critical issues, emerging trends, and exemplary executive compensation and corporate governance practices."
Equilar's fifth-annual Summit will engage thought leaders in executive compensation and corporate governance in interactive panels, issue-based roundtable discussions, and insightful case studies. Aside from gaining key insights from industry experts, attendees will have the unique opportunity to network with top executive compensation and corporate governance experts.
For more information on Equilar's 2013 Executive Compensation Summit, please visit http://www.equilar.com/summit. Register early and avail of the $300 early bird discount with the code: EEB1.
About Equilar (www.equilar.com)
Equilar is the leading provider of executive compensation and corporate governance data to corporations, nonprofits, consulting firms, institutional investors, and the media. Using its extensive database, Equilar allows clients to accurately benchmark and track executive and board compensation, equity grants, award policies, and compensation practices. Equilar's C-Suite mapping technology also reveals business networking opportunities by identifying pathways to executives and board members at companies of interest. Equilar's research has been consistently cited by Bloomberg, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal and other leading media outlets.