Stocks are off to a mixed start this week as upbeat retail sales data is colliding with a growing urgency to take profit as major U.S. benchmarks drift higher into uncharted territory. Selling pressures were further bolstered by mentions of the Fed’s exit strategy, although fading stimulus hopes are likely to be short-lived judging by the minor dent in investors’ confidence. From a technical perspective, the uptrend on Wall Street remains fully in-tact and any pullbacks are likely to be countered with bargain buying pressures and new entrants waiting on the sidelines for an opportunity to get a piece of the action [see also How To Hedge With ETFs].
Below we outline one new actionable idea that stands to benefit from a potential pullback this week:
Pro Membership Required to Continue Reading
- Access to 50+ All-ETF model portfolios . Whether you're a long-term, buy-and-hold investor or a more active trader looking to establish a tactical position, our collection of ETFdb Portfolios has something for everyone.
- ETFdb Realtime Ratings show you exactly where each fund stacks up next to the competition. Get objective, in-depth, custom research on every ETF.
- Pro members have Unlimited Excel Download capabilities across the entire database; users can easily download more than 200 data filled paged and also export results to Microsoft Excel from every tool.
- Get Actionable ETF Investment Ideas every week with access to ETF Insider, the 2x weekly newsletter that combines technical and fundamental ETF analysis to identify compelling opportunities.
- ETFdb Analyst Picks offer investment recommendations suited for longer-term traders; each Analyst Pick includes a fundamental rationale as well a suggested stop-loss and price target.
Disclosure: No positions at time of writing.
- 7 Articles ETF Investors Must Read: 5/9
- Big Oil, Commodities And Large-Cap Earnings On Tap: IYE, MOO, XLB
- Tuesday’s ETF Chart To Watch: XLB Ready To Rebound Ahead Of DD Earnings
- Thursday’s ETF Chart To Watch: XLB On Edge As FCX Reports
- Daily ETF Roundup: Stocks Close Higher As Earnings Season Kicks Off