Venues Can Now Screen 3,600 People Per Hour Without Creating Long Lines or Sacrificing the Visitor Entrance Experience
WALTHAM, Mass., Oct. 22, 2019 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- Evolv Technology, the leader in free-flow weapons detection, launched Evolv Express™, the first no-stop weapons-screening system built to automatically screen groups of people as they walk through without slowing or stopping. With hundreds of systems deployed globally that have screened more than 25 million visitors to-date, Evolv continues to deliver innovative threat detection products. Express screens visitors individually or together, while automatically differentiating weapons from personal items.
Express is the fastest weapons-screening system on the market, consistently screening 60 people every minute for firearms and other threats. That's 3,600 people per hour – 10X faster than a traditional checkpoint system. Express is designed to address the active shooter epidemic by detecting potential shooters before they enter a venue, without slowing the flow of visitors. Applications for Express include addressing workplace gun violence and school shootings, protecting iconic landmarks and keeping sports and entertainment venues safe. Venue managers no longer have to choose between effective security and a positive visitor experience.
"We live in an era of viral violence which has created a mass vulnerability problem. There is a clear need for a better way to deter or detect firearms and other threats before they enter a safe space, all while maintaining a positive experience for visitors and employees. Since the vast majority of visitors pose no threat, how do you allow them to walk right through while simultaneously identifying and separating those few individuals who may require a closer look?" stated Mike Ellenbogen, Chief Executive Officer, Evolv Technology. "We're dedicated to solving the protection paradox. Today's facilities need a solution that can quickly identify a threat but still welcome the crowds. We're proud to have developed the first weapons-detection system capable of preventing the mass slaughter of innocent people without subjecting visitors to the traditional prison-like security experience."
Using a new patented method of threat detection, Evolv's Cortex AI™ software platform can instantly detect and identify a person carrying a weapon without slowing the flow of visitors who are carrying their personal items and bags. By fusing the latest high-speed sensors and Cortex AI, Express is the only weapons-detection system to deliver:
- 10X Faster Throughput than Traditional Checkpoints: Screening more than 3,600 people per hour. Visitors and employees walk one at a time or in groups through multi-lane entrances up to eight feet wide.
- Free-Flow Screening: Only with Evolv, groups of people are screened simultaneously without removing personal items. Visitors no longer must stop and empty their pockets or remove their bags. They simply walk through naturally.
- Real-Time Weapons Detection: The Evolv Cortex AI software instantly distinguishes between threats and personal items such as keys, coins, belts, and cell phones on their body or in their bag. Weapons include firearms, explosive devices, and knives.
- Targeted Searches: Express provides guards with a real-time image on a local tablet, highlighting the individual with the potential threat and the location on the visitor's body or in their bag.
- Smarter Over Time: Stay ahead of the threat landscape. With the Evolv Cortex AI software platform, Express becomes more intelligent as new threat profiles are discovered.
Evolv is being used by iconic venues worldwide to screen people for threats in a free-flow operation. Express debuted at the Global Security Exchange (GSX) Conference in September, enabling security teams to experience the system live in action for themselves. View our GSX video.
Evolv reduces the burden on security teams and takes the hassle out of people screening. Contact us to Experience Evolv.
About Evolv Technology
Evolv Technology has screened more than 25 million people to-date, preventing visitors from bringing over 5000 weapons into public venues and places of work worldwide. Organizations such as Lincoln Center, Oakland Airport, Gillette Stadium, and LL Bean use Evolv's free-flow weapons detection to prevent active shooters and terrorists from entering their venues. By fusing the latest sensors and Cortex AI, Evolv delivers the only weapons detection smart enough to screen thousands of people per hour, without the need to stop, and empty pockets or remove bags. Evolv eliminates the need to choose between safety and convenience reducing the burden on security teams and taking the hassle out of people-screening at places of work, schools, transportation hubs, sports stadiums, entertainment venues, hotels and conference centers, airports, houses of worship, and government agencies. For more information, visit http://www.evolvtechnology.com.