TEMPE, AZ--(Marketwire - Feb 13, 2013) - A unique partnership between YouChange, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Infinity Resources Holdings Corp (
"Online shoppers receive a beautiful shipping box that is often discarded," says Keith Mulvin, Sustainability and Partnership Coordinator at Hearts. "Through Project Love, we are combining our resources with YouChange to create an innovative end of life solution through landfill diversion," he adds.
Through Project Love, Hearts' customers recycle unused and unwanted electronics like smart phones, without adding to the existing 300-400 million electronic items or 30 million tons of boxes going to landfills per year.1
- Hearts customers can donate electronics to the program by going to www.youchange.com/projectlove (and clicking the green "Donate Now" button) where they will receive a return shipping label at no cost to them.
- After filling the repurposed Hearts shipper box with laptops, tablets, game consoles, GPS devices, mp3 players, e-readers, or digital cameras, a customer simply pastes on the shipping label and puts the box in the mail.
- The box and electronics are then on their way to YouChange to be resold, recycled, or upcycled.
- Once with YouChange, all personal data is removed from electronics and then handled in one of three ways: through refurbishment, upcycling, or responsible recycling.
- Unused electronics, including unwanted iPhone 4s, are then resold by YouChange, which generates funds of which a portion are directed toward Hearts' iHeart Change partner program (http://www.hearts.com/iheartchange) which supports world causes; environmental sustainability, quality of life, freedom, human rights, education, or cultural awareness.
- If refurbishment is not an option, the electronics will either be responsibly upcycled into future Hearts fashion-forward accessories or recycled properly in an appropriate facility.
Hearts and YouChange have been working together to reinforce the importance of e-waste recycling. Together they have developed an easy and empowering way for consumers to be proactive.
Derrick Mains, President of YouChange Inc states, "We are thrilled to be partnering with Hearts for this innovative electronic recycling program. Electronic waste is a growing problem and through our partnership with Hearts.com we hope to be able to turn the tide on ewaste by offering Hearts.com customers a way to reduce their impact and make change in the world.
About Infinity Resources Holdings Company
Infinity Resources Holdings Corp. is the parent company of Earth911 and YouChange™ and the owner of a 50% interest in Quest Resources Management Group. Collectively Infinity's synergistic portfolio of sustainability companies covers the full spectrum of the recycling life cycle providing innovative waste reduction and landfill diversion solutions for recycling and proper disposal of commercial and consumer waste streams (http://www.infinityresourcesholdingscorp.com).
Quest Resources Management Group provides complete commercial waste stream management for large and mid-sized corporations in a variety of industries. Headquartered in Frisco, Texas, Quest manages the recycling effort of over 12,500 client locations throughout the U.S. and Canada. Quest was named one of Inc. Magazine's fastest growing private companies, ranking No. 928 on the sixth annual Inc. 5000 list with 2011 revenue of $121.9 million (http://www.questrmg.com).
Since 1991, Earth911 is the go-to source for a growing, enthusiastic audience across the U.S. who seeks recycling and green living information daily. Earth911 gathers, distributes and analyzes localized recycling information to assist manufacturers, organizations and consumers with product end-of-life solutions (http://business.earth911.com).
YouChange Holdings Corp. (www.youchange.com) is a leader in electronics collection, e-waste tracking and re-commerce, a fast growing economic driver that allows consumers to donate used products and make a contribution to their favorite school or charity.
Hearts is an ethical-fashion brand that offers consumers beautifully designed bags and accessories that are fashion forward and socially conscious for men and women. Hearts diversified pieces are influenced through each global and USA based artisan's culture and their natural resources. Design styles range from vintage to cultural to modern influences. Each piece is made with people and the planet in mind. Additional Hearts collections for children and future women's apparel line are planned for the latter part of 2013. Hearts is a privately held web-based retailer headquartered in Scottsdale, AZ. Learn more at www.hearts.com.
This document contains forward-looking statements that are subject to a number of risks, assumptions, and uncertainties that could cause the Company's actual results to differ materially from those projected. These risks, assumptions, and uncertainties include the following: the ability of the Company to raise capital; the ability to complete systems within currently estimated time frames and budgets; the ability to compete effectively in a rapidly evolving and price-competitive marketplace; changes in nature of telecommunications regulation in the United States and other countries; changes in business strategy; the successful integration of newly acquired businesses; the impact of technical change; and other risks referenced from time to time in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
1 Fact Sheet: Management of Electronic Waste in the United States. (2007, April). Retrieved from US Environmental Protection Agency: http://www.epa.gov/osw/conserve/materials/ecycling/docs/fact7-08.pdf